Rules from the society for d'f that the bible doesn't say you should be in

by cognac 16 Replies latest jw friends

• DJK
    DJK

I recently questioned my father about record keeping during a JC hearing because of the elders who were trying to avoid testifying in a child abuse case. I'm not surprised by his response I have pasted below.. What do you think of this?

After weeks of debate about the existance of God and the WTS, I was under the impression he was still an elder, I was wrong. His stepping down was voluntary, contrary to what I was told.

I have had more dialogue with him in the last month than I have in 35 years and this is soon coming to an end as it is becoming clear to him that I am Atheist to the end. I'm also getting tired of hearing "Jehovah is a loving God" and a lot of other phrases that make me sick.

Each matter may be handled according to whether it concerns : a personal problem an individual has perhaps a drinking problem that could result in disfellowshipping if it became habitual, an extramarital affair that has surfaced to the extent that it has become common knowledge, an accusation against an elder in the congregation,etc. All of these plus any other serious offense that resulted in disfellowshipping would require notification to the WTS. In addition, a file would be kept by the local Judicial committee. If the disfellowshipped person should seek to be re-instated, he/she would need to approach the original committee with their request. The committee would inform the WTS of their decision in the matter. The re-instated one would be put on a probationary period for years depending on the seriousness and public noteriety of his/her offense. This period of probation would require that t hat one would have no privileges of oversight in the congregation. This action is necessary to protect the reputation of the congregation, but most importantly to prevent Jehovah's name from suffering reproach. This has been the policy of the WTS as long as I have been a member. In answer to a previous question, I have never been disfellowshipped. When I left the Middleton Congregation in 1992, I went to the Salem Cong.. I was asked several times if I would serve there as an elder. I declined because I didn't feel I was in a position to give advice to others ,esp. parents because I felt that I was in no position to do so with six children not accepting my beliefs, for whatever reasons. Dad.

Did you talk to the elders this weekend? Are you able to tell us about it?

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead

I think you can get Dfd for being a registered member of JWD.

I'm gonna call and confess right now.

• outsidetheark
    outsidetheark

I am not a hundred percent sure about this but my guess is that you would be "marked" but not disfellowshipped. Although, that might occur after a time if you show no sign of repentance.

• babygirl75
    babygirl75
    Can you get d'f for questioning the FDS?

Yes, you can. My sister ran into this. During her JC they asked her if she had any questions. She told them her questions, and they replied it sounds as if you have a bad attitude & are questioning Jah & his arrangment! They ask her if she has questions and when she does, they just shoot her down with having a bad attitude!! They then df'd her.

• MsBHaving
    MsBHaving

My father had been councled for questioning the need to put your name on the time cards for service. He was also yanked in the back room for even questioning the need to go from door to door. He said he witnessed in other ways.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Disagreeing with the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger in any way, shape, or form. This includes situations where a "suggestion" has proven a total disaster. It includes situations where the Bible and the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger disagree, and you side with the Bible.

Yup, you can get disfellowshipped for siding with the Bible!

• Honesty
    Honesty
    Can you get d'f for questioning the FDS?

I didn't wait around to attend the Judicial Committee they were forming to see if I would get DF'd for questioning the FDS. I disassociated myself after I informed half the congregation about the UN deal so they would know that I intentionally left their satanic cult when the announcement was made that I had disassociated myself from the unChristian Congregation of JW's in 2004.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit