I am POd right now. Have they infiltrated the media?

by Tired of the Hypocrisy 12 Replies latest jw friends

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Tired of the Hypocrisy

In a previous post http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/156153/1.ashx

I showed how I was making some local headway in warning the community about jw's and the danger they pose as a cult and as protecting child molesters. Well the post I made with the link to NBCs story on the lawsuit payout got deleted by community correspondent. I did some digging and I see how if they deem subject matter to be inappropriate they have the final say and may pull a story. My story's link actually redirects to something else now!!

I am wondering if there is not some jw or jw sympathizer working in the kmph newsroom that cut me out. I made sure my story had no inappropriate language and I cited all of my sources. Any ideas about what may be going on besides my idea?

• Burger Time
    Burger Time

It's probably just PR. The news and especially TV affiliates are afraid of looking like religious/ anti religious fanatics. If your simply going about it trying to "prove" the dubs are dangerous and a cult, you will get no where. You have to have something news worthy.

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Tired of the Hypocrisy, you may be right.

There were several stories about Silentlambs here in Tennessee, Also several news stories about Barbara Anderson that were picked up by the AP, yet I never could manage to get my local paper to pick up the stories, despite the fact that Barbara Anderson lives in Tennessee and these were Tennessee stories. I have since been informed by a poster on this board that there are 2 JW's that work in the newsroom---basically there was no chance in Hades they would let these stories hit the papers here.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

It looks like blatant media censorship to me. The same kind that eventually leads to Fascism, totalitarianism, and if left unchecked, Dark Ages.

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

Media has so much column space or so much time to fill. As important as it is to us... the general public would rather hear about news that affects them like the war, taxes and weather. News media is really out there to sell ad time... especially in the local market so many editors wont play stuff that wont sell ad time.

JW stuff is a good filler for slow newsdays. Catholic stuff relates to a huge market segment and is universal in market.

Plus.. a couple of Jw's on a local staff may not hurt the WT's effort to kill stories. Keep putting it outthere..the internet had been much more effective in anti witnessing than traditional media has ever been.

Hill

• Burger Time
    Burger Time

It's just that news sells. They want something that sells as Hillbilly pointed out. Most news outlets are afraid to touch many main stream religious orinizations. Just look at how sensitively they are handling the Texas raid on that LDS faction.

• DT
    DT

A blog that you control may be a good option. Not only are you sharing information with the public, but you can give a boost to critical news articles and websites by linking to them. The effect goes far beyond the traffic you personally send. It also helps their performance in search engine results, which can make a big difference in the flow of information. It's important to get a Google page rank of 1 or more to give your outgoing links weight. That shouldn't be too hard if you are willing to trade some links with other xjw bloggers. If you make good use of keywords in your articles you can also get a significant amount of search traffic from that. Linking to current news articles can also result in a spike of traffic and give that article more exposure.

Unfortunately, the traditional media seem unwilling to take the lead with regards to certain controversial subjects like Jehovah's Witnesses. However, they may be willing to occasionally follow the trends that are emerging on the Internet.

• Layla33
    Layla33

Yes they have, as well as a few other religious groups. I have always been suspicious that a lot of these "religious" organizations answer to the same head cheese at the end of the day, and that they are all journalists.

If you control what they see, you can control what they think, I get most of my information from underground resources and international, because the US media is a crock of you know what.

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Tired of the Hypocrisy

THANKS. The comments you have made helped me get it into perspective.

I am going to keep plugging away despite their unwillingness to see.

• Bryan
    Bryan

This is actually very common. Many media outlets do not want to offent readers/viewers/listeners. Especially, newspapers as they are already loosing so much money.

Don't take it personal, it's business.

Best,

Bryan

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit