Who here likes U2?

by ashitaka 16 Replies latest jw friends

• Oldhippie
    Oldhippie

My daughters and I have tickets to the Dallas show in November. I think its neat that they span the generations. My daughters are 18 and 22 and I'm 50. There are others that do that as well, Tom Petty and Bruce Springsteen come to mind.

• ShaunaC
    ShaunaC

I saw U2 in June of 1998 at the Oakland Coliseum during the Pop Mart Tour. AWESOME!!! Even though we had nose-bleed seats the concert was fantastic.

One thing I loved about going to a U2 concert was that to the right of us were 16 year olds and to the left of us were people in their 40's. But everyone was sharing a little kind bud! (Well, except for me...I was still a stuck-up JW) A true testament to a band we often forget has been around since 1980!

BTW, Oldhippie, have a great time w/ your daughters!!!

Shauna

• roybatty
    roybatty

U2 is the best. Period. Here in the States we're a little slow getting the good stuff so I didn't hear about them until the Boy album came out. Unbelieveble! I've seen them 3 or 4 times live. I never get sick of their music.
    And whoever said that they jumped shark after the Joshua Tree album....PLEEEEEASEE!!! Achtung Baby is awesome...and their latest CD is great.

• more2C
    more2C

I saw U2 this Spring, in Montreal. The four hour drive there was all worth it. Seeing Bono, up close, in black tight jeans...MMMMMMM! The light show was fantastic, too. Listening to the lyrics of the songs being sung by the audience in a French-Canadian accent, was great.

more2C

• ISP
    ISP

I like U2 and would like to see them! Got me thinking!

ISP

• rhett
    rhett

I've seen U2 twice and am going to St. Louis to see them again in a couple weeks. First time I saw them was on their Popmart tour and we had 19th row on the floor, dead center. That's actually where I met my wife at too!!! First song at our wedding was "All I Want Is You." Last time I saw them was in Lexington this spring. My wife and I went and got in the middle of the heart on the floor. If you get there early enough and wait in line Bono sometimes comes out when they pull up to sign autographs and have pictures taken. I know from the last concert I went to. :)
    Not sure where we'll be at next time but we've got general admission seats on the floor so it'll be great. BTW, if you get those seats they cost the same as the nosebleeds (around $50).

I don't need to fight
    To prove I'm right
    I don't need to be forgiven.

• perfectpie
    perfectpie

I think U2 is the biggest and most important group since the Beatles. bono is the most profound and truthful writer since Hemingway. Anyway, Saw them live at Unforgettable tour and Joshua Tree tour. I can't believe Bonos voice is even better then before. When I saw him in the unforgettable fire tour his voice was giving out, this year his voice was sterling.

Is it getting better, or do you feel the same?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit