All in favor

by DJK 11 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• DJK
    DJK

http://www9.comcast.net/news/articles/general/2008/01/04/NEWS-USA-EXECUTION-RAPE-DC/

Not sure if the above link will work and I can't copy/paste from the story.

The US Supreme court will decide on death penalty for child rapists.

• nomoreguilt
    nomoreguilt

What you steal from a child when you rape them can NEVER be replaced. In murder, there is no remembrance by the victim of the crime, that their life was stolen. A child victim of rape remembers all of their LIFE!!!

In many states there is the death penalty for murder, and I am a firm believer in that penalty. So, to lessen the impact of a child being raped and not bring the death penalty for that would in MY opinion be egregious.

DJK.................I have cast my ballot.

NMG

• Cc81
    Cc81

I am absolutely all for it. I was raped at a early age by someone my parents thought they could trust. I would love to see him dead. Death Penalty is the perfect punishment.

• nomoreguilt
    nomoreguilt

Cc81.........My silence says it all for you...............

NMG

• Cc81
    Cc81

NMG Thank You

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

If a person initiates the use of force, threat of force, or fraud to rape a child, that person deserves to rot in jail or to die. Note that the pedophiles in the Watchtower Society almost always do that, insinuating that the child will die unless they cooperate (coerced "consent"). Sometimes they use force (sticking a hand on the child's private parts). And they threaten to disfellowship if the child rats them out.

And that goes for other severe forms of child abuse, too. Parents that continually undermine a child's social development and do so maliciously should also spend time in jail (that is, life). And organizations that coerce and/or defraud parents into physically or emotionally abusing a child severely deserve to be shut down and the leaders incarcerated with a bunch of serial robbers, rapists, and killers in their jail cells with them. There simply is no excuse for an organization that methodically coerces and forces parents to beat children for tiny infractions like not sitting still for 2 hours past their bedtime at the Kingdumb Hell.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Oooo this is a hard one.

Some victims who are now adults would definitely feel better knowing their abuser could never ever hurt another child.

A few think that the death penalty is fair since they lost something that will never be regained in their lifetime.

But there are many child victims who would blame themselves if their abusers were put to death while they are still young children. Let me give an example:

Due to the abuse itself the child has internalized feelings that her abuser has put on her -- guilt and shame most notably.

She reports that her father has been abuser her. He is arrested and removed from the home. The family now has financial problems due to the lack of income. They have to move out of their home to cheaper housing. The child thinks if she had been quiet they would not have lost their home. The family would not be struggling to make ends meet. She thinks it's her fault.

They go to court and the victim must testify against her abuser. That in itself can be traumatic. If she had kept quiet she wouldn't have to endure this embarrassment.

Her father is convicted and sentenced to death. Again she will internalize the guilt. If she had stayed quiet she would not feel guilty for her father being put to death.

Few young children would walk away feeling justice has been done. Now I'm not saying that all young children would feel guilty if they told about the abuse but I do think most would.

Teens on the other hand can connect with their anger better and would probably think the death penalty is fair.

In my own case as an adult now I know for the abusers from my earlier years - 8-11 years old -- I would have thought that the death penalty was way too much - even for my father who was my main abuser. My mother was gone so my father was the one who paid for a roof over our heads. We were totally dependent on him for everything. What on earth would happen to us if he went to jail never mind was put to death. My father was the only one who was reported to the police. My main feeling was sheer terror they would let him go and he would come after me. This was a real possibility. I had seen him kill family pets and tell us he would do the same if we didn't do as we were told. I had seen him attack my mother and almost kill her. I knew I had slim chance of surviving if he came after me.

The following year - 11-12 - there were 4 more abusers. Three were older teens and I would not have thought they warranted the death penalty for what they did. But my step father was different. My mother made sure we knew we could not manage if he was gone. She made sure we knew she would take his side if told about the abuse. And she made sure we knew we would be guilty of making the family suffer if we went to the police. She also made sure we knew that we seduced him. So guilt upon guilt.

Now in my work with adult survivors I saw this pattern of guilt and shame repeatedly. From the hundreds of people I spoke to I think there was only a handful that were angry enough to have wanted their abuser put to death. They felt they carried enough guilt on their backs.

That's not to say they didn't get in touch with their anger. They did. But by then they were adults and could see things from various prespectives.

Even those who suffered the most few thought the death penalty was warranted

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Still, for the most blatant forms of initiatory force against children, a long prison term (including life for the most gruesome forms of abuse) is warranted. And that goes for sexual, physical, or emotional abuse (no, life in prison for a simple spanking is too much, but it would do well if the parent maliciously ruined a child's social life by undermining their successes).

And the organization must take the blame. I wouldn't mind having the whole Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger put in jail for life, alongside robbers and rapists, for their acts of ruining lives. Those humanoids should never be allowed the freedom to communicate with anyone outside the prison system again.

• avengers
    avengers

How many witnesses would you have to have?

• DJK
    DJK

I don't think anyone would ever be sentanced to death even if it were allowable by law. Lady Lee makes a good point regarding the abusers being known to the victims. With a punishment like that, there may be far fewers victims reporting these offenses primarily because it is a father or other relative.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit