When an elder steps down - does he stay a ministerial servant?

by truthseeker 17 Replies latest jw friends

• zeroday
    zeroday

NO he becomes a member of the lowly rank and file...and if no reason is given it is accepted that he was forced out...

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

it really is a stupid procedure...a very good m.s. can make a hopeless elder...and usually he knows it...but he carries on doing what he is hopeless at because of the stigma of being removed or the guilt of stepping down or the trauma associated with coming off and having to then requalify for the 'lower' position..in the meantime he continues to struggle doing something he is clearly unqualified for...and ultimately becomes frustrated and either gives in or does so much damage he is removed anyway.

of course allowing a duff elder to simply drop down to being a good m.s. again will never be considered because all appointments are made by holy spirit, dontcha know...and it couldnt possibly have got it wrong

talk about ya being promoted to your level of imcompetence...

the irony etc...

• asilentone
    asilentone

Well, I know of one elder asked not to be an elder anymore, they appointed him to be MS at the same time he stepped down as an elder.

• tijkmo
    tijkmo
    Well, I know of one elder asked not to be an elder anymore, they appointed him to be MS at the same time he stepped down as an elder.

interesting : a silentone...

such reasonableness very rare is

• asilentone
    asilentone

lately, I have noticed one elder stepped down and got reappointed as an elder again without needing to be MS again. Can anyone confirm this? Thanks!

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

NO - when I stepped down I was made a publisher

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

Yes, when an elder has been removed he can be reappointed as an elder directly. He's already paid his "dues" as a ministerial servant.

• flipper
    flipper

TRUTHSEEKER- When I was in the organization ( last time 4 to 5 years ago ) the elders I saw that stepped down - faded into oblivion because they get used up by the organization and get freaking exhausted from the politics of it all ! Some elders I noticed sat near the back of the hall, didn't bother to comment anymore; some elders just stopped coming to meetings altogether. Can't say I blame them - if I had been burnt out and used- I would have stopped going too ! I wasn't even an elder , and I felt burnt out when I stopped attending ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• yknot
    yknot

It depends on why.........

It depends on who is top dog in the KH........

We are experiencing "Temporary Elder Vacation" for lack of a better description in my KH......

Elder School isn't being considered so much a privilege as a financial burden.

• tijkmo
    tijkmo
    Yes, when an elder has been removed he can be reappointed as an elder directly. He's already paid his "dues" as a ministerial servant.

no when an elder is removed he cant be reappointed as an elder. if he steps down..usually for health or family reasons then he can theoretically be reappointed as an elder but again such reasonableness is rare

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit