Wife sent me a newspaper article....

by oneairhead 11 Replies latest jw friends

• oneairhead
    oneairhead

It was a little jdub kid that wrote a little essay in a local paper in the North East. They wrote that they were not deprived of anything, the whole party line about no holidays and the like. You know this kid did this just for the attention of his parents and the hall. They have not been taught anything else.

One

• watson
    watson

Look for this experience at a convention near you soon!

• journey-on
    journey-on

Poor little kid. He probably won't realize what a creepy childhood he was subjected to till

he's grown. Then he'll look back on that silly essay and shake his head at the mind numbing

crap he was exposed to.

• yknot
    yknot

Now now....

Some of us JW kids really did believe in all the holidays and flag saluting stuff. My feelings of deprivation were only limited to my areas hardline on sports (btw in Houston (dad's town) sports were a matter of conscience).

• DJK
    DJK

Maybe, just maybe the jdub kid didn't contribute to the contents of the essay. Maybe he rewrote something provided to him.

• oneairhead
    oneairhead

ynot,

I wish sports was a matter of conscience in my area, I wanted in the worst way to play. Forbidden to this day.

One

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

I'm sure because he was so cute and precocious, nobody had the heart to tell him it was total bs.

• Inquisitor
    Inquisitor

And there are wives in bonnets and pinafores (or hijabs) who would passionately defend polygamy, deadly certain that polygyny does not threaten gender equality...

Why would anyone (let alone a child) think he/she is deprived of anything when they think they have good reasons for making sacrifices? Of course they wouldn't call it a sacrifice. What is not having a party compared to praising Almighty God Jehovah? What is the stigma of not saluting the flag compared to the *impalement* of Christ?

But once you de-construct those reasons, once it can be rationally proven that the JW stand on birthdays and the like have NOTHING TO DO WITH GOD, but everything to do with fulfilling the sense of order and control for ultra-conservative fundie old white men in Brooklyn...THEN we see deprivation... THEN we get angry...

Whether a person celebrates a birthday is of little consequence. Even outside of the JW Village, some people do, some people couldn't be bothered to.

But when you abstain because you BELIEVE in a hidden truth that no one else of the world heeds... when you make great pains to conform according to the lies of wicked, deluded men, then THAT should be a concern.

INQ

• bgurl81
    bgurl81

I never felt deprived. Actually, I really enjoyed my early childhood when we were most active. It was my teens and early adulthood that didn't feel so good. Mostly because of how people treated one another, the judgments, the rumors, the gossips, the hypocrites, etc. In all honesty, I've been celebrating for three years now and I think I've gotten it out of my system, LOL. It's hard work keeping up with all these holidays and birthdays! Although, I admit, it is fun. Bottom line, not all of us raised in the religion do feel we were deprived. I certainly do not.

• ESTEE
    ESTEE

Hi oneairhead,

a little jdub kid that wrote a little essay in a local paper in the North East. They wrote that they were not deprived of anything, the whole party line about no holidays and the like.

When I was a kid, my dad made me write these kinds of letters.

ESTEE

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit