OIL in N Dakota!!! Time to Keep it out of the private sector.

by sammielee24 38 Replies latest jw friends

• sammielee24
    sammielee24
    If you knew the dollars that go into permits and enviormental issues to build any plant you would see why oil refineries dont get built. Pipelines, well sites, all the hardware and realestate that goes with this kind of thing gets permited and argued over to the tune of $billions of dollars.

If the taxpayer subsidizes the oil companies to the tune of at least one billion dollars per year, then I think the oil companies owe it to the taxpayer to plan and build or maintain those refineries...pretty simple. The problem is that the CEO has been walking around with a billion in his pocket and laughing at the taxpayer....of course you might have to break up a monopoly. sammieswife.

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

Hell JG..even them snaggle tooth goobers in Arkansas spend money to reclaim strip mined properties. Dont you need to buy some blue tarps and duct tape?

Hill

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

JG..Olan Mills is havin' a picture sale...run down to Walmart and get a new hat and a better avatar picture made. Maybe you should pick this weeks National Enquirer too, so you can study up on world e-vents

Maybe ya'all can get that old Buick to run on hog poop?

Yankee Doodle eh? Yea I know that one... and Dixie too.

Did ya get that gay kid on the right track this week... I saw you were advising him based on your forays into "gay world'

Great to hear from you...........

Hill

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

At least I've got the balls to show my real pic instead of hiding behind some fictitious avatar. Great to hear from you too.

Dave

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket
    year name photo position; compensation source
    2005Raymond, LeeSee the photo of: Raymond, Lee Chief Executive Officer; salary: 48.9 million US$; allowances: 357 million US$; Chicago Tr.
    2004Raymond, Lee RSee the photo of: Raymond, Lee R Chief Executive Officer; salary: 38 million US$; Reuters
    2003Foster, M.See the photo of: Foster, M. Chairman;
    2003Longwell, HarrySee the photo of: Longwell, Harry Director; salary: 9.56 million US$; stock-options: 5.18 million US$;
    2003Raymond, Lee RSee the photo of: Raymond, Lee R Chief Executive Officer; salary: 27.78 million US$; stock-options: 15.9 million US$;
    2003Tillerson, RexSee the photo of: Tillerson, Rex Chairman; salary: 5.7 million US$; stock-options: 1.51 million US$;
    2002McKinnell, Henry ASee the photo of: McKinnell, Henry A Director;
    2002Raymond, LeeSee the photo of: Raymond, Lee Chief Executive Officer; salary: 25.83 million US$; stock-options: 16.66 million US$;

http://www.transnationale.org/companies/exxon_mobil.php

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

Technology for horizontal oil drilling: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cEmadgNz9vI&feature=related

Horizontal Production Wells

The first of the North Slope's drilling innovations was the drilling and completion of horizontal production wells (snipped)

Coiled Tubing Units

The second innovation was the drilling and completing of wells with coiled-tubing units instead of drilling rigs (snipped)

Multilateral Wells

The third new technology was the multilateral well completion. Like a sidetrack, this involved a new well drilled off from another. (snipped)

Designer Wells

Another innovation is in designer wells. These are drilled with a high degree of precision to reach small oil targets, several small oil pockets or to reach through or around faults to isolated traps. (snipped)

Reduced Cost of New Oil

All of these new technniques have enabled oil and gas producers to develop new oil reserves on the North Slope for less than $2.50 a barrel.

By lowering the finding costs of new oil, North Slope producers have been able to compensate for other costs, such as transportation, that rise because overall production from the North Slope is falling.

It also has allowed more drilling to be done on the Slope since drilling and well completion is less expensive.

The Prudhoe Bay field alone will see about 100 new reservoir penetrations this year, about twice the number in 1985. Most are sidetracks and multilateral wells.

More Technology...

http://www.anwr.org/techno/drilling.htm

"Necessity is the mother of invention." (unknown)

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

A new black gold rush is under way, this time in North Dakota. The potential payoff is huge -- up to 100 billion barrels of oil. That’s twice the size of Alaska’s reserves and potentially enough to meet all U.S. oil needs for two decades.

Until now, the obstacles to production seemed overwhelming. The crude oil is locked away in rocks that are buried miles underground in the Bakken Play, a field that stretches into Montana and Saskatchewan, Canada
    There has been a lot of movement in Sask, building and housing starts are up along with people moving in from Alberta. Looking good! Hope4others

THE SECRET OIL SANDS

With attention focused on Alberta’s oil sands, few analysts have noted that development abruptly ends at the province’s eastern border with Saskatchewan. Do the rocks suddenly disappear? Unlikely.

In fact, looking deeper we found historical evidence that Saskatchewan hosts rich oil sands. Perhaps even richer than Alberta’s. The problem is politics. The Saskatchewan government has been all but closed to development, meaning that almost no companies have pursued projects here.

http://www.financialsense.com/editorials/casey/2006/0411.html

Saskatchewan Oil Sands Seminar

Premier Brad Wall's Remarks

December 12, 2007
    Regina

http://www.gov.sk.ca/Default.aspx?DN=31e93e64-d19c-44ea-b0b8-98f48368d574
    Three quarters of the world's oil sand reserves are in two regions: Venezuela and the Athabasca located in northern Alberta and Saskatchewan, Canada. The current Canadian reserves are estimated to 300 billion barrels, hence on the same level as the conventional oil reserves in Saudi Arabia. The Canadian market offers great opportunities for Danish companies, especially within the field of oil and gas equipment.

• Highlander
    Highlander
    You actually want gas at $10 a gallon? I guess you were just being sarcastic.

Sarcastic? Maybe a little bit. 10 bucks is a bit much, but I still think 5 dollars per gallon sounds about right.

If you really believe that then I hope you also believe in paying triple taxes for social programs as well to buffer all those who are losing their jobs or have their hours cut back already. I hope you believe in increasing the funding for food banks and for kids food programs. I hope you believe in free medical care for all those unemployed and their families who are and will suffer even more as this continues. I hope you believe in subsidies to seniors and low income families as home heating oil in some of the coldest locations, has risen so high that there has been concern over trying to keep the elderly warm this past winter.

A bit dramatic, are we?

We should be working toward independent fuel sources and investing in solar and wind power, but until we do, I hardly believe that rubbing your hands in glee over rising gas prices is helping. The country as a whole, state by single state, should be planning their infrastructures and transportation needs to take all this into consideration - oil in N Dakota is one way to make it happen there. sammieswife.

I agree. Increased energy costs will be just the incentive we need to develop those alternative energy sources. In the short term it will be painful, but it will force americans to get in line with the rest of the world by driving fuel efficient vehicles.

Let me be very clear. I'm affected by fuel prices much more than the average person. I'm self employed, and on the road 60+ hours per week. I was driving a toyota camry and spending 1000 dollars per month on fuel alone. I have every reason to complain and whine like the rest of you, but I don't. I put my money where my mouth is. I'm now driving a vehicle that gets 50+ miles per gallon. I did what's best for my pocketbook, yet it was a decision that will help reduce the amount of energy I consume. That benefits all of us! Now that fuel prices are ripping into your pocketbook, I hope that it will eventually force you into lifestyle changes that will also be for the greater good.

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

We don't need to make any lifestyle changes, there is plenty of oil out there, no excuse for such high prices now that this new oil field has been rediscovered.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit