Anhedonia

by R.Crusoe 12 Replies latest watchtower medical

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

I just spotted this and thought:

Mmmmmmmmmmmmm = sounds like many a JW experience of a permanent life trance!

Sorta an overpowering feeling that no matter if you won the lottery, it's no big deal !

And psychologists have attempted to classify it alongside lack of empathy = JOKERS (sometimes they have no clue!!)

Maybe there are varying sorts, but feeling pain inside for oneslef and others is what promts the lack of reaction = SHELLSHOCKED AT HUMANITY!

So you feel for others so much but feel so PERSONALLY WEAK that DEPRESSION controls much of your routines that you feel HELPLESS towards those you care about and so even more LAME as a result!!

Yup = that's my personal description of Anhedonia!

Any of you had long periods of this?

I'm there right now and everyday and never even knew it!!

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

Like a rabbit caught in the headlights of a car...

Part of you knows what to do for yourself and/or others - but you're so paralysed and overwhelmed by it all that you can't.

And so its a downward spiral till you hit the bottom/the car hits you.

Then somehow the impact jolts you back into action and you drag yourself off injured but alive.

You recover, climb back up and start all over again - until the day you've really had enough.

Then its easier to lie there and become roadkill instead.

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

Its odd when you look in the drivers eyes and see ones you gave years of your heart to.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

How many new topics can you start a day?

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

Uh? wots the prob?

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

yeah...I get ya on this

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

How 2 escape Anhedonia?

Your living Alcatraz/

Personal experiences preferred!

• wings
    wings

That seems to describe my fading experience.

As my reality began to change, data in vs data out, I did an internal slowdown. Like one of those dreams where you are moving in slow motion and everything else is going at normal speed.

Anhedonia would be the condition that kept me frozen in the headlights, I had to get hit by the car (then of course it stopped and backed over me, then ran over me again) only after the impact (a signifigant breakdown that I could easily describe as my internal speed stopped) did I get the hell out of dodge.

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

Ah so now I see the wings!

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others
    Researchers theorize that anhedonia may result from the breakdown in the brain's reward system, involving dopamine pathways. Two 2005 studies by Paul Keedwell MD of King's College found that certain sections of the brain in depressed subjects had to work harder to process happy thoughts.

Anhedonia is also seen in schizophrenic disorders and other mental disorders.

a patient's inability to experience pleasure from normally pleasurable life events such as eating, exercise, and social/sexual interactions

I only felt this way temporary, it was trying to keep up the facade of being the happy little pioneer, mom, wife, partial provider,housekeeper,maid and the

list continues. Which eventually lead to overwhelming aniexty for which a short time I took ativan. Only whence I realised my own limitations

and what I truly wanted was I able to cope and be happy within.

lol

hope4others

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit