I have been following the work of the group "Anonymous" who are campaigning to bring the cult of Scientology under closer scrutiny. Although I don't necessarily agree with all of their methods they have certainly been effective in attracting the media's attention which has in turn cast a spotlight on Scientology. On the whole it seems that is something which has yet to happen to the WBTS.
Is it because the WTBTS tend to project a submissive dynamic?
Slightly reminiscent - and I apologies in advance ladies for the comparison - a female who marries for reasons other than love but acts the part to perfection till the ring is on!
Definitely my feeling after being 'in' too deep to get out!!
On the whole it seems that is something which has yet to happen to the WBTS.
Interesting. Could it be that cult headquarters is smarter than we thought? They dress the 'great crowd' with appealing appearance. The cracks in the armour are well hidden to the press who likes to see the ugly. They can't go in and break up a compound of pregnant women and expose the leadership for such things, as was in the news this week with the polygamist' cult. The WTS distances itself from anything that appears diverse to it's doctrinal stance, and keeps itself looking clean and shiney - just a harder nut to crack IMO compared with Scientology.
This sort of thing wont work against the JWs, they will get far too much sympathy simply because they claim to be christians. The scientologists are also highly self destructive and will do illegal things with a tiny amount of provocation. They also have the disadvantage of having an insane leader much like when Rutherford ran the WTBTS. I suspect assisting against scientology in the hope of getting some anti-cult laws or setting bad precedents for religions that run as businesses may be more effective than directly going against the WTBTS.
Anonymous is Legion. Anonymous does not forgive. Anonymous does not forget.
What is this "Anonymous" you speak of? It's too generic of a term to do a search.
It's more than a group.
It's a meme with members.
It is a superconciousness.
truly, they did it for the lulz.
- Anonymous is devoid of humanity, morality, pity, and mercy.
- Anonymous works as one, because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
- Anonymous cannot be harmed, no matter how many Anonymous may fall in battle.
- Anonymous takes all attempts to harm Anonymous seriously.
- Anonymous only undertakes Serious Business.
- Anonymous is everywhere.
- Anonymous is nowhere.
- Anonymous reinforces its ranks exponentially at need.
- Anonymous has no weakness or flaw.
- Anonymous exploits all weaknesses and flaws.
- Anonymous doesn't have a family or friends.
- Anonymous is your family and friends.
- Anonymous does not accept failure, Anonymous delivers.
- Anonymous has no identity.
- Anonymous cannot be betrayed.
- Anonymous is a moral being.
- Anonymous is a choice.