by whereami 11 Replies latest jw friends

• whereami
  • Gerard
    Gerard

Link is dead.

• whereami
  • Gerard
    Gerard

Florida politics really put the dah in Floridah.

What part of church-state separation they don't get?

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Sheesh. Creationism isn't science it isn't falsifiable. It has no predicitive power.

It can be taught in humanities type classes as a legitimate part of the curruculum. The proponents say it is merely to be allowed to point out holes in the theory, but that is just their wedge. The subject of a science class is science.

My favorite quote:

Will Intelligent Design be included on the FCAT? After all, that's all that really matters in our schools.

If it's not on the FCAT, it just doesn't exist.

Posted by: Jeb Bush

LOL God isn't mentioned on the FCAT's either. LOL Teachers hate the FCATs! I worked in the school district there for four years. The whining! Burn

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

It sounds like the government is trying to help the Watchtower Society start the Second Dark Ages. I remember history, where in the First Dark Ages the law was that the Earth is flat, you can fall off the edge of the Earth, and that we were at the center of the universe. All of which has been proven wrong by modern space technology.

I believe in creation like I believe that the Earth is flat. Like the flat-earth myth, creation is just another way to use mysticism to explain something that cannot be explained through by science--yet. And not giving science a chance to explain it. Imagine what would have happened if the Watchtower Society would have been around to suppress Copernicus and Galileo--we would still be afraid of falling off the Earth.

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Here's a solution that shouldnt offend either party. Just don't teach evolution or creation in schools, let the students decide for themselves how the earth was created. Schools need to start teaching more practical things that will help in life, instead of pushing political agendas.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    Here's a solution that shouldnt offend either party. Just don't teach evolution or creation in schools, let the students decide for themselves how the earth was created. Schools need to start teaching more practical things that will help in life, instead of pushing political agendas.

JG. I respectfully disagree. You cut evolution out of biology, and you might as well start teaching Aesop's fables. You can't teach biology without it, it is the state of the science. That's like teaching physics without covering Newton. It isn't politics, it's science. We put a man on the moon 40 years ago and have been on autopilot since, what the hell is happening to my country? Burn

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Whether or not someone believes in Evolution or Creation has little bearing in the real world when it comes to getting a job and supporting yourself. It is a highly controversial subject and one that should be left for those that would choose to pursue it in college, but forcing it on elementary and high school students is not the answer, unless both sides are allowed to present their case. Don't teach it at all, problem solved.

• Simon
    Simon

School is somewhere that kids go to learn - facts and science, not myths and dogma.

It's things like this that the rest of the world sees and makes them think ... USA? Iraq? No difference ... ideological idiots.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit