State A Simple Opinion About JWD Members

by nicolaou 49 Replies latest jw friends

• BFD
    BFD

I love marbles.

BFD

Let me edit this before it's too late...I liked the marble analogy very much. Enough about me. This thread is about y'all. It would be hard to put it simply. My opinion is that JWD survives and even thrives (8+ years!) simply because there is a need for it.

Thanks!

• nicolaou
    nicolaou
    being so disparate in nature they have failed to unite and overthrow the great adversary the WTS something that urgently needed to be done also for the good of those trapped in that dreadful travesty

Hi greendawn. I want to see the Tower collapse as much as anybody but there was something in your comment above that felt 'wrong'. It took me a while to put my finger on it but then it came to me.

I do not see our lack of unity as a failure, it is one of our greatest strengths.

• brinjen
    brinjen

Our opinions often differ but that is only because we are thinking for ourselves instead of allowing a publishing company to do it for us. Love you all!

• greendawn
    greendawn

Hi Nick, I think both opinions are correct, the situation is ambivalent. The fact that there are different orientations and mind sets means a democratic environment a great change from the totalitarian WTS mindset but then again this disarray is so great that the mission of the ex JWs to substantially damage their one time oppressor has been a dismal failure.

There should be differentness but also enough common ground for a concerted effort. But it appears that this is unrealistic.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou
    this disarray is so great that the mission of the ex JWs to substantially damage their one time oppressor has been a dismal failure

Well first of all greendawn I'd guess there are many ex-JW's, perhaps the majority, who do not see that goal as their 'mission'. And secondly - what failure?! You don't think the Watchtower has been substantially damaged?

It's grip on it's members is nothing like that which existed just 15 to 20 years ago. There's a lot still to do for sure but don't be so down about it. We're winning!

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

We have done the impossible and that makes us mighty!

Extra credit to anyone who know what that means.

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

kurtbethel, Just one thing to say, "Malcolm Reynolds."

We are an eclectic mix of castaways and rescuers, some of whom made landfall, either struggling to stay above water or seeking out those who've braved the comforts of the open ocean rather than to cling to an anchored hull of flotsam that never was a seaworthy vessel.

• greendawn
    greendawn

Yes a lot of good work has been done especially through the internet and this is commendable but I was hoping to see the WTS drastically reduced in membership size and influence by now. In my opinion it could have easily been done with some more concerted effort. And of course not all ex JWs would actively engage though most would love to see that miserable whore humiliated and powerless. This is a political kind of issue and as with all such issues only a few actively participate though most are interested in it.

• greendawn
    greendawn

Just to clear things up, I am not refering to a religious anti WTS organisation. Many ex JWs are atheists and many more came to loathe religion due to the unrelenting tyranny of the JW org they had to live through. They don't want to have anything to do with religions (most of these = whores).

I mean something more secular.

• wings
    wings

Good answers! Way to go JWDers!!!

I think.....

"We are all mad as hell and we are not going to take it anymore"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit