Did I hear a change in doctrine mentioned at the last Memorial?

by carefully faded 4 Replies latest jw friends

• carefully faded
    carefully faded

Hi everyone. It's been a long time since I've been here. I've been out for 7 years now - but I still go to the Memorial to keep peace with the family. At the last one, the speaker used different terminology when referring to the two classes (what used to be the Great Crowd and those wth the Heavenly Hope). I can't remember the terminology - but can anyone fill me in on a change in the teaching - if there is one?

Thanks.

- CF

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

Yeah - but its been "current" for a while.

It used to be only the annointed were "declared righteous" and worthy of life by God.

Now the annointed are "Declared righteous as sons of God" and the other sheep ("their dedicated associates") are declared righteous as "friends of God".

HB

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Just another confusing change in the wording. Make fine tweaks to the wording and the exact meaning, and call it a "change of doctrine" or "new light". That is what wastes people's time in studying trivial things, to keep them from studying the broader sense that they are wasting their time serving some almighty God that itself is nothing more than (and here I am being generous) a delusion.

• carefully faded
    carefully faded

Thanks for the clarification.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

The other change in the last year has been that the calling of the anointed has been reopened (or more specifically it is now admitted to have not yet closed). Previously it was said the 144,000 had all been chosen by 1935, now it is said that was wrong and there are potentially more anointed to come.

And yet another change is regarding the generation, which now no longer applies to people in general, but only to the Anointed.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit