Making Money From JWs

by uwishufish 4 Replies latest jw friends

• uwishufish
    uwishufish

The wts frowns on jws who hawk their wares at the kh.

But there is this group that travel to different parts of the country and stay in a hotel Holiday Inn or of the likes. Then they show up at the hall and let it be known that they are gold buyers. So the members are told to come by the hotel and sell their old or broken (ex. broken chains) jewelry they no longer want. The uneducated jw thinks since their broken ring or chain is of little value. These rf members are ripe for the picking. Once they have the cash in their hands they tell all their other jw freinds and word spreads where to go for extra cash.

With gold near $1000 an ounce 14k gold is worth approx. $20 a gram. These buyers pay no where near or even half of this amount. Once the territory is worked they go home or move on in gypse form before any one becomes any the wiser.

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

The only problem I see is that used gold contains impurities when it is melted down and the dealers/jewelers still have to sell it to the

suppliers or gold producers. Most jewelery stores are reluctant to take it because they have

to save it till they get enough to send it in. And it is still not worth as much as new gold however,

I think they get somewhere between 5.oo & 12.oo a gram for used gold.

hope

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Part of the reason to belong to any religion is the net working for business. My mother became a JW because The congregaton overseer owned a Buik Dealership. And there are lots of rich JW insurance sales people, and pots and pan peddlers etc.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

When they pull off scams, it is a shame. Some of the MLMs are little more than that.

Once I got a supplement called KM from the witlesses. That stuff was supposed to cleanse your system and improve your health. It did precisely nothing.

• uwishufish
    uwishufish

willing buyer + willing seller = sale

To bad the willing seller has no idea the worth of what they are selling

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit