Report on meeting with PO

by freeman 18 Replies latest jw friends

• freeman
    freeman

Thank you for the responses, I see I’m not the first one down this path.

Fred Hall said: Freeman, keep on dreaming, keep on dreaming. Thank You Fred, I will keep on dreaming. Fred I do my dreaming now only at night, but I do have some memories of when I was like you in a dream-state during the day.

Mommy – You’re such a sweetie, thank you but as you well know a parent will do anything for their kids. I’m just a dad that loves his kids.

Unclepenn1 – Glad you saw the humor in it, unfortunately there is also the horror of it all too as you well know.

Alliwannadoislive - Clever handle, it took me minute to get it. It’s hard to believe we too once walked among the living-dead, but we did. We escaped; so perhaps there is still hope for others.

Had Enough – You sound a bit like me, at times I would like to choke some of these guy but such actions are frowned upon in polite company, even if they really need it, and so many really need it so bad. As for Fred; he is harmless and knows no better. Remember it’s not his fault that he bought week 53 of the Watch Tower time-share, we all did a one point.

Jourles & Inquiry - Oh yes the “I have not researched this yet” spin. You bet it’s a cop-out, but it’s a life and death thing we are talking about, not some type of game. They can play games, but not with my kids life!

Simon – I always wondered how the GB could espouse the perfect will of God and yet fall back on human frailty, amazing. PS: Thank you so much for this board, you are helping so may others Simon, really. You should count time for each person logged in, and a return visit for each reply from the same poster etc. Who knows, you could be a special pioneer in no time. ;-)

Ashitaka - Glad you found the post interesting: To bad I did not embellish it, to bad that this is actually what did transpire, to bad I was a trusting idiot twenty + years ago, to bad it is now costing me my family, and to bad this will not be the last such posting from someone in my shoes. GOD I HATE THE F***ING BORG!!!

I feel better now.

Freeman

• Pork Chop
    Pork Chop

I would very much like to see the article on high level of risk in childbirth for JWs. Can you tell me where to find it?

• GinnyTosken
    GinnyTosken

Great report, Freeman!

I am amazed that you were able to discuss so much with this elder. You covered a lot of ground and did a marvelous job explaining your questions. I also agree that this man seems an exceptional elder, able to discuss such thorny topics and concede that there may be an explanation other than the one the Watchtower Society has offerred.

Ginny

• Mulan
    Mulan

Fantastic!!! I doubt I could have handled it as well as you did. I am too explosive in personality, and would have to have told him off, a couple of times, there. Fortunately, I haven't had the opportunity. Or maybe it's not fortunately....for them anyway!

Marilyn (a.k.a. Mulan)
    "Those who know, don't say, and those who say, don't know."

• PopeOfEruke
    PopeOfEruke

Pork Chop -

the link you requested is at http://dailynews.yahoo.com/h/nm/20011108/hl/childbirth_1.html

The Pope

• Thirdson
    Thirdson

Freeman,

Great report and even better performance. There is so much in what you said and the way that you said it that we can learn from. I learned something new tonight in both facts and strategy.

Thanks,

Thirdson

'To avoid criticism, say nothing, do nothing, be nothing'

• drahcir yarrum
    drahcir yarrum

Freeman:

I am glad I read your post. You handled the conversation in an outstanding way. Perhaps you planted a seed with him. Just a small seed of doubt.

Best Regards,

Richard

• Satanus
    Satanus

You did great freeman. Somrtimes less is more. The elder uses the tactic of agreeing to everything, then attempting an end run. He's a lying weasely bastard.

SS

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

Woohoo Freeman! Good for you! Baby steps sweetie! Baby steps!

Andi

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit