Intrinsic Human Value

by Satanus 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

I see what you are saying Satanus, but the idea pressumes evolution has intent in enabling humans to dominate and selectievely display harm or empathy! I don't quite see how this can be fully expressed except by theories of logic which are as hypothetical as other religious idology!

Again we are stuck withh the problem of unecessary pain and suffering, fortunate and unfortunate, in a far more chaotic way than karma would indicate and almost suggesting suffering is deserved otherwise karma would enhance their lifestyles!

It is a puzzle I cannot fathom even though I feel it is a better connection with my inner self.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

It is nice to see alternate viewpoints. Those that are not Christian, Jewish, or Muslim have different viewpoints on the human realm. Stories about karma and reincarnation help us to allow people the whole universe of possible beliefs and choose which (if any) are best for them.

Anyone interested in the Eastern religions could google up the topic and see how many come up. And then they could read the essences on the sites. For sure, it would be far more unbiased and better integrated than the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger's attempt in the pathetic Mankind's Search for God book they put out around 1990.

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

Theory is that everyone being comes to this planet knowing that it could be rough ride, and that they WILL die.

I find it hard to believe that anyone existing on a safer (immortal?) plane would choose to somehow become an aarvark or a gazelle or a dung beetle or some other life form here on earth and experience all the pain and suffering that would accompany that choice.

Everything seems random, unexplainable, pointless and stupid from where I sit.

• Satanus
    Satanus

R Crusoe

If you could clarify your problem..

DanTheMan

That is looking at the negative side of the theory. There are positives. We have little to no idea of the internal life of a dungbeetle. The drive to get and keep it's little ball of dung, and to reproduce must be strong indeed. They certainly do provide a valuable service to meerkats, for instance, in the cleaning of their burrows.

I would suspect that the proportional suffering in their little lives is less than ours. I would imagine that they live totally in the now and in their drives. For them, suffering and the resultant death is likely, generally brief. Nevertheless, the theory goes that it's a developmental process for for a wee infantile spirit from the other dimension, where development in that place takes place at an orders of magnitude slower rate. Just a suggestion.

S

• Satanus
    Satanus

WTW

This line of thought takes elements from a few of the eastern religions. It does, however leave out the 'religion' part. It's based as much, if not more, on personal observation as on book reading.

S

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit