Governing Body as Jehovah God revealed in latest WT study

by hamilcarr 9 Replies latest watchtower bible

• hamilcarr
    hamilcarr

The Watchtower Study of this week (15/2) is entitled 'Jesus Christ - The greatest missionary'. Compare the following phrases on the modern-day identity of Jehovah and Jesus:

As one of Jehovah's Witnesses, however, you likely think of the missionaries sent out by the Governing Body to preach the food news in various lands around the earth.
    Concerning his heavenly Father, though, Jesus Christ said: "I am a representative from him, and that One sent me forth." (John 7:29) In an expression of great love for the mankind, Jehovah sent his only-begotten Son to the earth.

In the remainder of the article, Jehovah God may be substituted by the Governing Body, and Jesus Christ may be interpreted as the class of 'missionaries'.

Another example:

Before present-day Christians are sent out as missionaries, the Governing Body arranges for them to be trained.
    Did Jesus receive training? [...] Regardless of what Jesus may have learned from his mother, Mary, and his adoptive father, Joseph, he received his principal training for the ministry from the highest Source. Concerning this, Jesus said: "I have not spoken out of my own impulse, but the Father himself who sent me has given me a commandment as to what to tell and what to speak." (John 12:49)

Taking into account the equality of the GB and Jehovah, God the Father, one may easily recognize the ambiguity of this recommendation:

In contrast, what Jesus spoke was not of his own originality; he stuck to God's word, or message. That is also what we need to do.

It's, however, not clear what we need to do: stick to God's word (literally, the Bible) or to GB's word (figuratively God's word, i.e. WT literature)? Obviously this article hints at the latter but doesn't have to pronounce it explicitly because most JWs already implicitly know God's word (NWT) and WT literature originate both from a higher source, the Governing Body.

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Tired of the Hypocrisy

Hamilcarr, are you out of your flippin' mind? The gb would NEVER try and usurp jah's authority!!! Or would they? HA HA HA You have brought up a very interesting point with this discussion. There has always been some sort of slimy and subtle way the washtowel writers try to manipulate the jw's. They always nag us to be watchful of Satan's subtle ways, but I think it is to distract us from the actual evil in our midst.....NICE POST!

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

Nice analysis. Perhaps I should comment today.

• The Last Nephilim
    The Last Nephilim

This reminds me of the Gilead talk that F Franz gave when the Governing Body took control of the corporation in 1975. I just read about it in CoC. Even then, Franz was effectively saying that the GB is not needed to send out missionaries, that Christ can act of his own accord. He was, at the time, psst off about what was happening to his and Nathan Knorr's power over the organization, but nonetheless he made a good point- the GB is NOT needed for the rest of us to get our "food at the proper time". The book has a footnote that says an audio recording of this talk is available from Commentary Press. Anyone heard the whole thing?

• hamilcarr
    hamilcarr
    the GB is NOT needed for the rest of us to get our "food at the proper time"

That's the way it ought to be. It is remarkable how the WT organisation rapidly changed its sola scriptura to a sola ekklesia doctrine after the 1980 debacle.

• Mary
    Mary
    The Watchtower Study of this week (15/2) is entitled 'Jesus Christ - The greatest missionary'. Compare the following phrases on the modern-day identity of Jehovah and Jesus:
    As one of Jehovah's Witnesses, however, you likely think of the missionaries sent out by the Governing Body to preach the food news in various lands around the earth.
    Concerning his heavenly Father, though, Jesus Christ said: "I am a representative from him, and that One sent me forth." (John 7:29) In an expression of great love for the mankind, Jehovah sent his only-begotten Son to the earth.

In the remainder of the article, Jehovah God may be substituted by the Governing Body, and Jesus Christ may be interpreted as the class of 'missionaries'.

Yep.....I've noticed that since they've now got their private Craptower study articles, that they're really tooting their own horns even more than they did before. There was an article last year where they basically put themselves on equal footing with Jesus and I asked 'how much longer until they put themselves on equal footing with Jehovah?

From what the article above says, I'm thinking that the time has arrived where they're about to usurp Jehovah's throne. Maybe if He doesn't make a fuss, the GB will allow Him to be a missionary with Jesus.

I truly have to wonder how many Witnesses are disturbed when the read articles like this. After all, the GB is doing exactly what they accuse the Pharisees of doing: Putting themselves on God's throne.

• freydi
    freydi

But who is the FDS that is providing the food/training that the gb claims to represent/act/speak in behalf of?

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I suppose that means the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger is going to start taking the slaps in the face when I pull out my Ouija board?

• Alpaca
    Alpaca

HC, thanks for posting this thread.

The comments you've highlighted, along with the comments in CoC, are just further proof that the GB are a bunch of deluded, self-aggrandizing charlatans.

I used to think that the Borg and the Dubs would never go "Kool-Aid," but it is stuff like this (coupled with all of the other recent changes and developments in the Borg) that makes me think that have started down that path.

It should be interesting to see things unfold over the next few years.

Cheers,

Alex

• bobld
    bobld

GB arranges for them to be trained.Say what, Jesus not taught by humans.Whos' example are they following.Who preached the good news from Jesus time until 1914?

Bob

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit