Having Children Inside vs Outside The Organizatio

by Ranchette 23 Replies latest jw friends

• Andee
    Andee

Ranchette,

Your story, along with LDHs, just break my heart. Here you are, pregnant, a time when there should be joy, and there is attempt to make you feel shame for it!

What I find ironic is how the society views such things as vasectomies, and then JWs make having children seem like such an reckless choice.

I was fortunate to not have to go through what the both of you did.
    I only had to deal with one nasty comment. Even then, it wasn't said to me directly, because if it had, my outrage would have made the eruption of MT St. Helens look like a pimple popped.

Dear ole JW Daddy said to my step-mother while I was pregnant with my second child; "I don't understand why she keeps having children, they are just going to die". Of course, she couldn't WAIT to share it with me.

Andee

• Ranchette
    Ranchette

Andee,
    Your stepfather sounds just like my mother.
    She has prophesied that my children are doomed to death more than once in the last few months!
    Hearing what you did is very painful too.
    These people are supposed to be our support system!

Ranchette

• wheelwithinwheel
    wheelwithinwheel

I was a mistake born to a pioneer couple. I knocked my parents out of the pioneer service. They had been living in a room, my dad working 1 day a week for $5. He had a hard time finding a job. He had no skills, was over 30 and had never had a real job. Later, when he decided the family needed a car, he was regarded as materialistic by the congregation.

As a youngster I well remember the talks telling unmarried brothers and sisters to stay single, and married couples to remain childless. One DA talk went into particular detail about Jerusalem’s destruction, stressing the point that starving mothers ATE THEIR OWN CHILDREN...woe to the pregnant woman at Armageddon ! It was very clear that there would be matricides at Armageddon and anyone getting pregnant would deeply regret it

I think the currant baby boom mentioned, shows that many are tired of the WT’s prophecies of doom. One forty-year-old sister in my congregation went around telling all she was going to get pregnant before it was too late, and she wasn’t talking about Armageddon. Everyone cheered her on and she is now the proud mother of a baby boy. Next she is going for a brother or sister and no one is stumbled.

• Judith
    Judith

When I was pregnant with my second child, my mother-in-law, who was a JW was visiting for 17 days. Why 17 days I never understood. She told me that I should not be having children in this system and all the other insane ramblings that you have put up with. I was not a witness at the time and I cursed her up one side and down the other. Told her she had her kids and I was going to have mine. She didn't mention it again for the time she stayed with me because of my tearing into her. But I kept receiving books and letters of why it was wrong to be pregnant. And right. Was I suppose to have an abortion or was I to stop having sex with my husband?

After not being back at the King dumbhall for 10 years, I noticed that the ones that were going to wait until the new system had children. What happened there? I watched the kids and was horrified at how they acted, subdued, depressed, frightened. I felt fortunate that my children and I attended for only 5 years and then left. Of course there is the residual aftermath of having been involved for those years. And even before I was baptized, I didn't celebrate holidays or birthdays. You see, I was studying for 17 years off and on.

I came up with a way to celebrate at other times. I called it "Love Days." 6 times a year I would decorate with a theme and buy presents and put up signs in the house that a Love Day was on the way. They always got excited about these. Love Day always took a weekend of total involvement with the family. But even with that, there is the feeling of not being part of society and it is hard for them, and me, to celebrate the holidays. I am truly sorry that I got them involved in this religion, but so thankful that I rebelled thru most of it in that we joined the YMCA, all went to college including me at age 46 and we all graduated.

My two oldest children celebrate holidays and one believes there is a God but who is it and one believes that there is no God. My youngest was back at the King dumbhall for 7 months and has left for good. I am happy that I started going back to see what was going on so that I could expose them for what they are. In showing my son the UN letter and talking about the changing blood issue, and having him read the posts here, he finally said, "If the witness are the true religion, I don't want to live forever with them because I want to be happy and not depressed forever.

I guess this was a bit off of the subject but had to get that out.

Thanks

JJ

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit