question - scriptures that prove a paradise earth

by atpeace 14 Replies latest watchtower bible

• jgnat
    jgnat

Hey, peace! Try thinking and evaluating more, before leaping to belief. You'll feel more sure about your answers.

• HB
    HB

'Paradise Earth' was a concept many hundreds of years before the bible was written.

The Ancient Egyptians described a future golden age in which all countries would be united and the gods would live in peace on earth wth humans.

In reality the Golden Age concept has for centuries been promoted by power hungry megalomaniacs who wanted to rule the world.

• potleg
    potleg

This is how it works...

Torture the Bible and it will confess to anything...and you know the Faithful Slave is really the Twisted Inquisitor.

Can you believe that the dumb scriptures fessed up to Millions now living etc. etc.

Paradise on earth, no problem, Pile on more weights, turn the screws tighter, yank out a few more verses. Almost there.. Insert stupid logic where the sun don't shine...

Bingo! there you have it, New Light.....oooohhhh

• civicsi00
    civicsi00

When I first realized how weak the WT's arguments for a paradise earth were (which was just a few months ago), I was shocked! It seems they pull from old testament scriptures to new testament scriptures to try to string together a reality. I read the section in the Reasoning book, and I was no longer convinced.

Now there are certain scriptures that speak of a "new heavens, new earth", so my personal belief is that this Earth will be destroyed and a new one created. Why spend 1,000 years cleaning it up when you can create a brand new one? Maybe it's just my own imperfect human reasoning. I also think about the scripture where the pharisees were asking Jesus about the woman who had been married 7 times (to each of the brothers).. and in the resurrection, who would she be married to? Jesus stated that no one gets married in the resurrection, and that they'll have bodies like angels. So bodies like angels.. meaning invisible bodies? Doesn't that mean we'll be in heaven, for even a short time? I really don't know, I'm just throwing this out there.

After I realized that the WT's arguments were weak, I didn't care anymore. I simply want to live my life free from the WT's spiritual bondage. It shouldn't matter worrying about where we're going as long as we make it there...

• sinis
    sinis

When I first realized how weak the WT's arguments for a paradise earth were (which was just a few months ago), I was shocked! It seems they pull from old testament scriptures to new testament scriptures to try to string together a reality. I read the section in the Reasoning book, and I was no longer convinced.

Now there are certain scriptures that speak of a "new heavens, new earth", so my personal belief is that this Earth will be destroyed and a new one created. Why spend 1,000 years cleaning it up when you can create a brand new one? Maybe it's just my own imperfect human reasoning. I also think about the scripture where the pharisees were asking Jesus about the woman who had been married 7 times (to each of the brothers).. and in the resurrection, who would she be married to? Jesus stated that no one gets married in the resurrection, and that they'll have bodies like angels. So bodies like angels.. meaning invisible bodies? Doesn't that mean we'll be in heaven, for even a short time? I really don't know, I'm just throwing this out there.

After I realized that the WT's arguments were weak, I didn't care anymore. I simply want to live my life free from the WT's spiritual bondage. It shouldn't matter worrying about where we're going as long as we make it there...

How do you know that a new heavens and earth is not simply another world/planet far removed from ours?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit