Does anyone else here like to roadtrip?

by mkr32208 16 Replies latest jw friends

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

I was just thinking today riding in to work on my bike just how much I would like to just keep on driving! I LOVE to road trip! I don't even care that much about where I'm going, I just love to be on the road. I've not been anywhere in a while trips to orlando and tampa don't REALLY count as thats only about 200 miles.

Anyone else on here like to road trip either on motorcycle or car?

• ferret
    ferret

I am with you when it comes to road travel.At least twice a year we do a road trip. Have travelled coast to coast in both the U.S. and Canada. ...and have driven 10 countries in europe.Love it.

• chickpea
    chickpea

last road trip i took was in 03... drove straight thru from mpls to north of the greater toronto area..... right at 1000 miles... the ride back was leisurely and thru scenic northwestern ontario

in 02 the hub and i drove 2300 km, taking in both islands of NZ.... some of the most breathtaking ocean highways in the world

roadtripping is a blast!

• oompa
    oompa

have bike will ride.....car.......truck........cj7....did my first cross country at 19 and just cant stop..............oompa

what I really want to do some of is bike/camping.....

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

I really really really want to take my bike coast to coast but I've just not got the time (and money) right now... Soon!

• Priest73
    Priest73

Does it have to be in a car or on a bike?

Every time I'm out on the bay on my blow boat, I just want to keep going.

Same with my motor bike, but there's nothing like hearing nothing and doing 6 knots on the water. for real.

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

I enjoy bike camping and touring.

I really want to buy a RZR and go back country with it in winter and build and igloo and camp and ski for a few days!

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

Oh YEAH I dream about sailboats! I've got the self control to say NO NEW BILLS TILL I"M OUT OF SCHOOL... but I've got a friend who lives next door to a boat yard and it KILLS me to go up and help him clean those bad boys... I just want one soooooooooooo bad!

• Priest73
    Priest73

man, they say the two best days of a mans life... the day he get his boat and the day he sells (not sails) it. I could not stand not having something out on the water. It's more time consuming that $$$ consuming, I do most of my own grunt work. But I hear you about boat yards... I have 40 year old 30' boat, and when the 45-60' sailboats pull up I get half a staff.

• oompa
    oompa

priest, I have sailed since 13, and am certified to charter up to 45'......are you sailing wood? I had one a long time ago, quite a leaker. I have gone fiberglass, and sadly power, but my son is buying a great 19 hobie cat this week, and man are they fast and fun........oompa

ps...we could get 4 to 6 and go in on a nice charter....keys, bahamas, virgins, or even chesapeake....now that would be a heluva apostafest

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit