dnt no wot 2 do, help!

by james220 26 Replies latest jw friends

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

James will have some support from family, he's my younger brother so physical things like sustaining himself won't be a problem. Its more the emotional things like how to deal with how disappointed my JW parents will be. And he's not baptised, so that makes things a lot easier.

Paul

Now that's good news to hear! I doubt he could ask for a better big brother

• dogisgod
    dogisgod

Welcome James, I agree with others to sit tight and make friends at school build a life so that when you can leave you have somewhere to go that you have built. It will just make your family life hell if you shake things up. In the meantime keep reading the postings here to build your choice from facts. You are so lucky to be aware so young.

• james220
    james220

no, i am not baptized

• Open mind
    Open mind
    no, i am not baptized

Best news I've heard all day.

Keep it that way.

Let "It's a PERSONAL decision" be your mantra.

Repeat until you're finally free and on your own.

OM

• james220
    james220

thanks everyone for you comments,

i have alot of friends at school and who live around me,
    and yes i do have the best brother in the world but he is joint first with my other big brother, and i have best big sister

i am getting high grades at school and want to go on to do my A-levels and go to university so, hopefully, education will not be to much of a problem.

i understand what you mean about the armed forces, but i dont think it is right for me, and i understand about being able to get killed doing whatever i do, just dont think i am the right type of person to join the armed forces.

thanks for all your comments and surport, this will help me, when i tell my parents

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

James -

Get yourself a part time job, and save, save, SAVE. You never know at what point your parents dub program will kick in and they kick you OUT of the house.

Education. YES. It is expensive though, so the savings help.

Try fading slowly. By the time you are ready to leave home your parents will have gradually adapted to the fact that you are not "pioneer material". You are 16. That means until you are 18, you only have to attend at most 104 Sundays, ditto the others. Get a calendar and mark them off like a prisoner in jail.

Revising for important tests and exams will give you leverage to miss midweek gagfests. If that is not possible, try doing mental revision at the Kingdumb Hell, make cryptic notes only you understand. (Maybe they will think you are being spiritual, and noting points from the talk.)

If you do go out on Saturday night, under NO CIRCUMSTANCES MISS THE MEETING ON SUNDAY. This will only alert them to the fact that you are on the way out, before you are ready to deal with it. Sunday afo, REVISE for those pesky exams.

GOOD LUCK

HB

• Free
    Free

Hope James is never faced with the blood issue, His parents could refuse it if something ever happend to him, If I am correct.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit