Play your cards right

by R.Crusoe 6 Replies latest jw friends

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

I watched a game tonight where a guy with some young kiddies almost took a £1000 and missed out on the turn of one card - coz all the rest were in place for win!

Shame for all his loved ones! Families need good times but I know he is a guy who is cool with good times so it will happen anyway!

In WT land how many feel they were held ransom by WT belief from playing their cards right for their children in giving them lots of fun times and memories to build up their inner self??

I know I felt a prisoner in my own home about all manner of things I would liked to have happened!!

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

We barely did "Jack Squat" in the going anywhere department...

giving them lots of fun times and memories to build up their inner

Although we aloud them lots of paper, paint, they were really in to art. Books ,computer gadgets and things to expand their minds in creative ways. They are all

extremely creative. We never did do a lot of family study stuff but we did talk a lot. I think we felt the meetings were well more than needed.

The local parents did not appreciate that we were not strict with our kids, and that this is the place their kids would

come over to. We always tried to instill in our kids they could tell us anything regardless of what it was without us giving them sh_t. I hope they have

good memories to tell their kids.

hope4others

• Carmel
    Carmel

A prisoner is exactly what I felt like as a jr. youth. Getting out of the prison of the watchtower and the dysfunctional family that bowed there knees to the gods of brooklyn was my main objective and the passion of my young life. carmel

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

Hope 4 others = maybe your place was a haven in the oppression of literature others had as homelife?

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

I think because of the Wac tower, I did not play my cards right, consequently, I had to spend too much time working and too little time enjoying.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

And it is getting even worse. When the "valueless things" Kool-Aid is studied, there will be even less entertainment trips and more trips out in field circus. Children are going to miss out even more than they do now.

• yourmomma
    yourmomma

i guess i should expect some heat when i am on espn this year playing in the world series of poker. LOL! so the "poker is a game of skill" argument even thought correct wont work?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit