Just curious--how many Dubs/ex-Dubs have come to JWD in the last year?

by Alpaca 16 Replies latest jw friends

• Alpaca
    Alpaca

I have the sense that we are seeing a lot more open dissent on JWD with Dubs who are still in the Borg or fading.

What do you guys think?

How many have recently left or are in the process of leaving as a result of JWD or other related sites that expose the Borg?

What was the final straw that did it?

I've been out for almost 11 years and nosed around on this site for about 5 years before I actually created a screen name and started posting. Has anyone else followed a similar pattern?

Cheers to all,

Alex

• flipper
    flipper

ALPACA- Good thread ! My wife got me joined here in March of 2007 . One month in October we looked at how many new ones joined in October through December and although I know we missed counting some, we counted at least 100 or so in a 3 month period there. So , I'm sure it has been a sizeable number. The more the Watchtower society keeps screwing up with the child abuse scandals , writing aggressively controlling " members only " Watchtower information ; it's going to piss off even more rank and file members causing them to seek freedom on sites like this. Hope we get even more people here ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• IcingHeart
    IcingHeart

My mind is completely set free, but I'm still "in" because of my family. I have older parents, and I really don't want to break their hearts and tell them how I really feel. Even if they'd give me the time of day to listen to what I have to say, they would feel that the last years of their life was totally wasted, and I just don't want to do that to them...

• oneairhead
    oneairhead

In my hall there is myself and 1 other who have mentally left within the last year.

One

• Alpaca
    Alpaca

Hey there IH,

Didn't you just recently make your 1st post on JWD? I think I posted a welcome to you.

The way you feel about your parents is understandable. Just a thought though. You might want to "test the waters" (very carefully of course) with them. You might be in for a very pleasant surprise (they may be putting up the same front for your sake). I will guarantee you that if they are old timers, they have doubts about the Borg, whether or not they will admit it.

If you drop some discrete hints it may create an opening for them to start thinking.

Nevertheless, you are in the best position to judge how to handle it.

All the best. You have a long and interesting road ahead.

Alex

Hi One,

Thanks for sharing your thought. How did you and your compatriot identify yourselves to one another without the fear of a BOE investigation?

Alex

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

My husband came to jwd 2002 he lurked until last year and signed up. He would say things to me but I never looked around here,

one day in January he mentioned a post that really made me come alive and I just thought I would like to join. Although I did not comment

to the particular post because I was a little scared a did post a day later.

hope4others

PS....And now you can't shut me up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• oneairhead
    oneairhead

I could just tell, and so I dropped a few key words like field circus and he came back with circus overseer, and it just took off from there.

One

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others
    I dropped a few key words like field circus and he came back with circus overseer, and it just took off from there

Your so lucky to have a friend to talk with.... that's awsome!

hope4others

• megaflower
    megaflower

I joined a few months back. This site has been wonderful to help me organize my thoughts. I have had many doubts over the years and have been fading for a while and this forum has many imfromative posters. There is a wealth of info as well as support. I got sick and tired of the WTS having their hand out. They never missed a beat, every service meeting the big question. Can you give more? Can you do more?

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

I got started here because I thought my C.O. was a really arrogant guy. I googled his name and lo and behold- many others felt the exact same way about him! Then I started looking at lots of topics and sites related to JW's. I really like jwfacts.com. It opened my eyes to Beth-Sarim and lots of other things that aren't publicized by the WTBS. I had faded back when I was disappointed about the 1914 generation (in 1994). Then I had been in and out for the sake of friends and family, never DF'd. But then I saw someone I grew up with on this site and started posting. I have since talked to him on the phone and it's so nice to see other people with the same background and feelings that you have yourself! What a great site!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit