hidden illustrations in the watchtower magazine

by Wendy_Warden 12 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Wendy_Warden
    Wendy_Warden

I have been visiting the site of The Six Screens of the Watchtower and one of the things they speak about under screen three (I think) is the hidden pictures in the illustrations contained in the Awake and Watchtower mags. I was blown away but what they found. However, I don't want to seem paranoid about it go some of you should go and see it for yourselves and see if I'm crazy. If not, what on earth are they trying to convery by this art work?

Wendy

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

You will find lots of that, I recall the live forever book is full of it we have had major discussions with that book with other jw's

years ago. Wish I wouldn't have burned most of the old books now. Good proof !

hope4others

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

wasn't there some kind of Awake or Watchtower, in the late 80's that had a picture of the devil on the front cover? I remember when I was a kid hearing about it

• logic&reason
    logic&reason

I remember that too...

It wasn't on the cover, it was on part of an illustration inside a Watchtower about "Obscene Talk".

• glenster
    glenster

I vaguely remember someone writing that the JWs leaders had themselves
    depicted in an illustration as the 12 apostles, but maybe it was a critic of
    them accusing them of offering themselves that way--I can't remember.

I found some hidden pictures in the newly cleaned artwork of Michelangelo:
    http://www.freewebs.com/glenster1/gtjbrooklyn41.htm

• Wendy_Warden
    Wendy_Warden

glenstar your pictures made me gigggle.

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

Watchtower imagery is very interesting to me.

Much of it is done in a cartoonish style employed by CIA propagandists, with subtext in the images.

There are the subliminals, which are subjective and not seen by everyone. Then there are the clearly illustrated images that have some kind of symbolic content.

It is important to remember that the Watchtower boasts:

"Each article in both The Watchtower and Awake! and every page, including the artwork, is scrutinized by selected members of the Governing Body before it is printed. … Therefore, you can read The Watchtower and Awake! with confidence." Watchtower 3/1/1987 p 15

Until some Bethel artist comes forward and admits what is really happening with the art we are left to speculate. Is it some snarky artist pushing her creativity in a stifling environment? Is the GB sending esoteric coded messages to the elect? The one possibility that is unlikely - that it is accidental.

Here is a site with some of the images in question.

http://www.freewebs.com/watchtowerkarma/

Let's all stand around and admire the white guy!

Pretty white boy

• Wendy_Warden
    Wendy_Warden

Wow! That is so blantently racist I can't believe it made it in there. 'Course if that's what they want you to think then I suppose it's fine, but come on? Who do they think they're fooling? I think the clean shaven Jesus looked wierdest. Why are they against beards again?

• Roddy
    Roddy

Let's all stand around and admire the white guy!

Wow! How did that pic slip by?

I'm sure that was a hit in Africa - unless the Africa branches made sure and "Africanized" all the pictures in the magazines into African Politically Correct versions.

LOL!

• glenster
    glenster

Let's all stand around and admire the white guy--lol!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDnxmGzQ2Mo

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit