Apostate funeral

by Samuel Thorsen 9 Replies latest jw friends

• Samuel Thorsen
    Samuel Thorsen

Have you ever been to an apostate funeral? What was it like? Was it in the spirit of the dead person or did the did the dub-family and congo "steal it" with their usual promotion talk and Kingdom melodies?

How would you like your own or your apostate family members funeral to be? Who should do the talk and would dubism be mentioned? What kind of songs? Worldly songs, Babylon the great songs og Kingdom melodies? Or a mixture of all genres ?(very provocative).

Please share your thougts. I have not been to a apostate funeral yet, but som time in the future it's going to happend and I may be in charge.

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

I don't do funerals. Probably won't go to my own even.

Maybe I'll plan for it to be a party instead.

Whatever the case, I'd like to find some way to honour all the people that touched my life.

• Undecided
    Undecided

I sometimes think of planning my funeral but it won't matter to me then, so I'll let those alive do it to satisfy them. If there are any JWs I knew alive then, they probably won't attend because it will be preached by some Christain pastor. I told my wife to cremate me to save money but she doesn't like that idea.

Ken P.

• mouthy
    mouthy

I have not been to a apostate funeral yet,

Stay tuned I may oblige soon,you can come to mine I would like "Going Home"sang, John Wyatt ( an ex Curcuit Servant ) is going to give the talk ( he already promised)
    At my Melanie's funeral there were 13 ex JWs present, two helped in carrying the coffin. I hope I will have more ex than 13, so stay tuned.... Who knows when I will "kick that ruddy bucket"

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

hold the funneral at a funeral home, make it informal and have friends of the deceased come up and talk about them, play music the deceased liked, make it as nonjw as possible...no kingdom song madness or elder giving the eulogy.

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

I went to a funeral for a DF'd JW, does that count? it was held at a Funeral home, then some dubs got up and did ther informercial on JWism, after there was a receptions at someones house.

• Fadeout
    Fadeout

I think it would be kinda fun to plan one's own funeral. It's pretty much the last thing that will happen on this Earth that revolves around you, so might as well go out in style. Plan some kind of surprise for the funeral guests. Like a spring that shoots your body out of the coffin into the front row.

• freydi
    freydi

The funeral stone.
    >
    > Sam died. His will provided $30,000 for an elaborate funeral. As the
    > last guests departed the affair, his wife, Sarah turned to her oldest
    > and dearest friend.
    >
    > "Well, I'm sure Sam would be pleased," she said.
    >
    > "I'm sure you're right," replied Jody, who lowered her voice and
    > leaned in close. "How much did this really cost?"
    >
    > "All of it," said Sarah . "Thirty thousand."
    >
    > "No!" Jody exclaimed. "I mean, it was very nice, but $30,000?"
    >
    > Sarah answered, "The funeral was $6,500. I donated $500 to the
    > synagogue. The whiskey, wine and snacks were another $500. The rest
    > went for the Memorial Stone."
    >
    > Jody computed quickly. "$22,500 for a Memorial Stone?
    > My God, how big is it?"
    >
    >
    >
    > "Two and a half carats."

• mouthy
    mouthy

I had to laugh at this thread. I never realized so many JUST read!!!! Dont post. I had calls from folks who I met at PA Convention, saying they read my post on my dying, & wanted to know how I really am LOL!!!!!
    They said they read all but dont post.... LOL. Better watch myself

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

I like Msjones' ideas. I plan on being cremated and having friends come and have their say and sing a few songs. Funeral home or a hall somewhere. Being an atheist, there won't be much of a religious element!

It'll have to be my younger friends who attend, as I'm going to live to be a really, really old shit and my contemporaries will all be long gone!

When people ask me if I'm going to go to so-and-so's funeral, I always give them the same reply: "Of course! If you don't attend your friend's funerals, none of them will come to yours!"

S4

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit