JW spanking their kids

by asilentone 57 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• asilentone
    asilentone

What do you think about JW spanking their kids at the Kingdom Hall?

• llbh
    llbh

Physical violence of any kind against children is totally needless and counterproductive.

I never smack my children and they are well behaved

Find out what the child likes to then withdraw it - ie use of the computer.

As for JW's spanking thier children at the hall it is awful and sadly typical

David

• llbh
    llbh

BTW welcome Silentone to JWD - i hope you enjoy yourself here

David

• oldflame
    oldflame
    Physical violence of any kind against children is totally needless and counterproductive.

Yes and it is also illegal, if you see this happening you should call the cops ! Not that I am a cop caller or anything but love to hear about JW's who go to jail just because of their selfrighteous attitudes. That should put them in their place.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I think not only spankings, but 98% of all the punishments, could be eliminated if we find the source of the bad behavior. Usually, it is intolerance of children getting into things (and physical barriers work better to keep them out of dangerous things). At home, it is children climbing and getting out of their playpen that triggers much of the primary problems, and then they become fussy and create additional behavior problems.

In school, it is that schools are intolerant of children learning. That's right, they are intolerant of having children learning anything in a fully integrated way. Lessons are made boring on purpose, and the children never learn to connect the dots. (And we wonder why Clinton is getting so many votes.) This creates most of the disruptions from gum chewing to paper airplanes flown in class to talking out of turn. Most serious problems are due to seeking of kicks (even the most serious problems stem from drugs being used to stifle natural learning). Most of the vandalism, huge disruptions, and blatant violations result from stagnation that could have been prevented if the schools made learning better integrated (and virtually all the drugs used to correct the problems as well).

It is even worse at the Kingdumb Hell. Children are naturally inclined to explore and get into things (in fact, when I was in, there was a family with one especially bright and into-everything child that I just let get into my bags and pockets). You stop that, and the whining and fussing (and putting of nails and screws into tires to prevent the parents from making the boasting sessions) begin. And that's what more than 90% of all the spankings (and worse, beatings and threats of even worse spankings and beatings when they get home) originate. As such, not only is it physical abuse (and a beating with a wooden spoon is definitely physical abuse), but emotional abuse as well.

Given the "offenses" for which most spankings and beatings are given, I think a cop call would be in order. Anyone with a cell phone could go out in the main lobby (after using the camera to document the beating) and call the cops. A spanking is only appropriate if the child is immediately threatened by their actions, such as to prevent them from setting the place on fire, and then the goal is only to stop the action and the child from getting seriously hurt. For sure, spankings for not sitting still, complaining about going out in field circus or to the boasting session, or for trying to communicate with other children are not acceptable.

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

I recall an incident I was sitting in the back row near the mother's room where this "sister" was spanking her kid so loud and the kid was

frantic I was really upset this time more so. This was a frequent event, she would just loose it on this child.

The day after I saw her step mother and I told her if she did not talk to her about what I considered abuse to this child I would be reporting this to child services.

That was the last day she ever spanked that poor kid at the hall.

Hope4others

• chicken little
    chicken little

When our children were small it was the custom to smack the child if naughty at the kh. I am ashamed to think back that I accepted this practise with our own children. Mostly the pressure is from what others think of you. An elders wife who doesnt have perfect kids that sit still and pay attention is just not on. The rights of the child dont come into it...after all we are told that we are slaves of God and Christ so we have no rights. I hated myself for the way that I was at the kh...I felt like the evil mother when I came home.

I stopped the practise and decided that I would never ever use smacking again...that was 12 years ago and since then we have had another child and he was no problem at the meetings, I just stopped caring what others thought. I was brought up with physical violence, (not smacking) and I always had to control myself because the pattern can repeat. I am grateful that I broke free from this dreadful behaviour and would always speak up if I saw it now. I dont go to anymore meetings or impose anymore society discipline on my little boy.

To those who are still in...if you have children and they are finding it hard at the meetings ...just go for a walk with them, eat and apple out the back or give them plenty of time in the toilets to calm down or unload. When we were on our way out I used the bathrooms constantly....I would sit out there for ages....and I am not a child!haha

• passive suicide
    passive suicide

While I agree that smacking a child ANYWHERE could possibly be the wrong decision...When it happens at the hall it's usually out of embarrassment, and peer pressure....ALTHOUGH ....I do think spanking has its place,. and theres a whole HEAP of kids in my neighborhood who need em...and won't get em.....and will become a bunch of little 'assholes'. sorry, but it's true, and if ya don't agree....then ya got yer eyes squinted REAL tight! The days of spanking have past....brace yourselves for the YEARS of disrespect, and the fall of values. If you disagree....show me ANY data That points otherwise........... While I disagree with angry spanks....I DO think there is a time , and place for a well place pat on the bottom!

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

Going by live by the sword die by the sword,

I wonder how many JWs beaten and/or abused as children,

don't hit or abuse their elderly parents when the dependancy

roles reverse.

• TIMBOB
    TIMBOB

Beating your kids = totally wrong

Give you kids a good spankin = good punishment

I think a spankin is the best way to punish kids. AGAIN, not till their butt is black and blue, but only to serve as a correction. I got plenty of spankins as a kid and I turned out great.

It just took someone beating the crap out of their kids to ruin it for everything. NOWadays, if a person touches their kids people scream. People are afraid of their own kids it seems like.

Now, I dont know where you lookin around, but I see TOO many disrespectful kids these days and in my opinion, it goes back to lack of discipline.

ITS MOTHER NATURE. you look at animals and how they treat their own young. They dont hurt em, but when they act up they let em know they are wrong. I doubt you have ever seen a bear put her cubs in time out.

I agree that not all kids are the same and respond to different types of discipline. I also agree that kids are kids and you cant expect them to be quit for hours 3 nights a week for meetings.

But, IMO spankins when used properly are for the best.

IM PAUL HARVEY

And that the rest of the story.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit