Evidence of WTBTS bluff on why they became a NGO

by Kent 10 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Kent
    Kent

We have on this site the official letter from the Watchtower to their different branches about why they became a NGO with the UN. However, they have earlier given another explanation to one of their members, and THAT explanation is quite different!
    Here you can read both - and make up your own mind.

You can also find this on the Watchtower Observer:
    http://watchtower.observer.org/apps/pbcs.dll/artikkel?NoCache=1&Dato=20011112&Kategori=NEWS&Lopenr=111120001&Ref=AR

Yachyd Da

Kent

I need the new KM's as they come! Please send me scans!

Daily News On The Watchtower and the Jehovah's Witnesses:
    http://watchtower.observer.org

• mikepence
    mikepence

Kent, I love you in a strictly heterosexual kind of way. :-)

My high school Spanish is weak (Cerveza is about all I remember).

Translation, anyone?

XJW User Submitted News & Views at http://xjwnews.com

• Norm
    Norm

Hi Mike,

This letter is in Portugese, but I guess it doesn't help much for any of us

Norm

• Pathofthorns
    Pathofthorns

Norm, the translation of the letter is on this site a few pages back somewhere. This letter is a key piece of evidence BEFORE brooklyn decided on the library card reasoning.

Most people, like Paul Gillis and the Portugese branch just assumed there were some sort of humanitarian issues involved. But lobbying the UN would have created more questions and problems than the library card excuse, so guess what is NOW the official reply?

Thanks for the scan. Most valuable.

Path

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Thanks Kent,I guess bullshit in any langauge is still bullshit.(I read the translation on your website.)...OUTLAW

• Moxy
    Moxy

i think this explanation made a hell of a lot more sense, basically, different NGOs are involved with the DPI in different ways and to different degrees and are involvement was not unscriptural, we appeal to governemnts often and it was principally to assist in rendering humantarian aid.

i dont know why they decided to switch to the 'duh. we had no idea what was going on' defense. they should have stuck with this explanation and continued their registration. id have found that much more palatable.

mox

• Kent
    Kent

Norm, my unbelieving friend.

Why don't you go to the link to the Watchtower Observer? There you will find a translation to English :)

Yachyd Da

Kent

I need the new KM's as they come! Please send me scans!

Daily News On The Watchtower and the Jehovah's Witnesses:
    http://watchtower.observer.org

• lookin
    lookin

kent,
    I sadly believe that this information truth and all will not impact the headquarters.

While I feel that certain brothers will be made accountable-it wont really make brothers inside Bethel think...

My PO is still waiting for a response-he sent the letter and the un application and the definition packet of what an NGO/DPI is. I also sent a letter to a HUGE! prominent member at Bethel along with a letter-I use to know him while at Bethel-still no response.. Is that a good thing or a bad thing in your opinion?

Still confused
    lookin

• Trevor Scott
    Trevor Scott

As usual, when I see "..." in a quote coming from the WTS, I run for the original source. Check this out.

Here's a quote from the WTS letter:

-----
    What is an NGO? A non-governmental organization (NGO) is any non-profit, voluntary citizens’ group which is organized on a local, national or international level. ...NGO’s perform a variety of services and humanitarian functions, bring citizen’s concerns to Governments. ...Some are organized around specific issues, such as human rights, the environment or health. Their relationship with offices and agencies of the United Nations System differs depending on their goals, their venue and their mandate.
    -----

Here is the complete quote from the source document:

-----
    What is an NGO? A non-governmental organization (NGO) is any non-profit, voluntary citizens' group which is organized on a local, national or international level. Task-oriented and driven by people with a common interest, NGOs perform a variety of services and humanitarian functions, bring citizens' concerns to Governments, monitor policies and encourage political participation at the community level. They provide analysis and expertise, serve as early warning mechanisms and help monitor and implement international agreements. Some are organized around specific issues, such as human rights, the environment or health. Their relationship with offices and agencies of the United Nations System differs depending on their goals, their venue and their mandate.
    -----

Hmmm, does "theocratic warfare" permit the WTS to misdirect their own members, as well as "the enemy"?

So in time of spiritual warfare it is proper to misdirect the enemy by hiding the truth.

At all times they must be very careful not to divulge any information to the enemy that he could use to hamper the preaching work.

(quotes from The Watchtower May 1, 1957, pages 285-286)

I think it's great to see the WTS quoting from the UN DPI-NGO brochure. This is the second letter from the WTS I have seen wherein they refer to this document as an authority on the UN-NGO relationship, which it is. This very same document says the following, regarding the criteria and responsibilities of associated NGOs:

-----
    "Share the ideals of the UN Charter"

"Have the commitment and means to conduct effective information programmes about UN activities..."

"The Department of Public Information and NGOs cooperate regularly."

"NGOs associated with DPI disseminate information about the UN to their membership, thereby building knowledge of and support for the Organization at the grassroots level."

"This dissemination includes: Publicizing UN activities around the world on such issues as peace and security, economic and social development, human rights, humanitarian affairs and international law; Promoting UN observances and international years established by the General Assembly to focus world attention on important issues facing humanity."

"...undertake to support the work of the United Nations and to promote knowledge of its principles and activities..."

"Have the commitment and means to conduct effective information programmes about UN activities..."

"...disseminating information and mobilizing public opinion in support of the UN and its Specialized Agencies. Association with DPI constitutes a commitment to that effect."

"Associated NGOs are expected to devote a portion of their information programmes to promoting knowledge of the United Nations' principles and activities."

"In addition, they are expected to keep the DPI/NGO Section abreast of their activities by regularly providing samples of their information materials relating to the work of the UN."
    -----

TS,

• waiting
    waiting

Howdy Treavor,

What you've shown by going back and connecting the dots is fabulous!

The WTBTS is going back to their famous "..." scam. Randy Watters has pages of scanned documents where the WTBTS has "..." somebody in a quote. Then he got the original document and showed what was in the "...". Hypocrites and Liars!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Some have argued that the "..." ploy is the WTBTS strongest tool to change anything they want to read anyway they want.

Thanks for the direct comparison.

waiting

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit