How to get WT Comments videos back up (with Knocking section)

by Burger Time 44 Replies latest jw friends

• LEOS
    LEOS

Does anyone have contact information? I can always research it myself but I thought it might be faster if someone has already found it.

• Layla33
    Layla33
    Yes Layla I realize it is an authentic copyright violation....but if the clips were to stay up with the violation (which would be much easier for V) the only way to do it would be to make some sort of negative media mark about it.

Oh I totally understand, it is just that copyright holders can make a great deal of money off of this and they can rightfully sue V and legimently get a sizable monetary judgment. That is what I don't want to see. But if there's a chance something could work, that's great, I just don't want it to be at the expense of him in any way.

• DT
    DT
    DT you should be fine emailing them back...if not I could email for you. Of course if someone here emailed for you they would need the original carbon copy of the email sent to you.

The thing is I received a harassing email with false accusations at an email address I rarely use. I would prefer to not even dignify it with a response, if I can avoid it. I'm also concerned that if it was sent from that address without authorisation, then I'm not sure if I can trust the response either. I don't want to give them one of my other email addresses or my physical address. I don't expect anyone else to contact them in my behalf, but a simple inquiry as to whether they are behind these threats would be appreciated. Any response or lack of a response would be interesting.

If I have to, I might set up a new email address for the sole purpose of corresponding with them.

Does anyone have contact information? I can always research it myself but I thought it might be faster if someone has already found it.

The email address can be found on this page http://www.knocking.org/getinfo.lasso

• betterdaze
    betterdaze

LEOS, Open Door is the copyright holder:

Open Door Productions
    2339 3rd St
    San Francisco, CA 94107
    Tel. +1 415.558.9780

And the e-mail contact on the Knocking website is:

[email protected]

Good luck!

~Sue

• LEOS
    LEOS

Thanks guys! I will email them this week and I'll let you know if I get a response.

• Burger Time
    Burger Time

Leos just be sure to think if there was a notice when you entered the Kingdom Hall that filming was taking place on that day. Usually film crews will put a notice on the front door. IT does have to be visible though, so if they say they put one up but it was in some ridiculous spot that half the people would have to go out of their way to find you have a case.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

I'm inclined to agree with Layla33.

The EASIEST way for V to get the videos up and going again would be ffor him to remove the 3 seconds of disputed material.

Remember the video for the song "Take On Me" by Aha?

One idea I had was that _if_ we had someone with the graphic skills, the three second clip could be converted into a 3 second graphic of precisely the same segment. Then it isn't infringement, because it is new work that just happens to look like something else.

I'm always amused when people who haven't got a clue about copyrights decide to go on a media campaign rather than fix the problem.

The fact is, V really should not have used the film without permission. I had no ideathe film wasn't his. In fact, I wondered, "How the hell did he get that?" If he didn't use it without permission in the first place, he wouldn't have to solve this problem today.

• Burger Time
    Burger Time

Yea Nathen and Layla that would be the easiest. I think the issue is that editing the clip would require new addresses, new linking, time editing the clip etc.. Granted it would be much easier and convenient to all parties involved to do it this way. I was just giving an idea on doing it with out having to edit and change things.

• sacolton
    sacolton

How about a still image? You can easily add a JW background to it ...

• sacolton
    sacolton

Ha! This reminds me of Book Study night ...

Another Book Study night ...

Just remove the tags ...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit