WHY ARE SO MANY PEOPLE USING CAPS NOW?

by Rapunzel 13 Replies latest jw friends

• Rapunzel
    Rapunzel

Please stop shouting; it hurts my ears. By the way, I've been thinking of the so-called "liar's paradox." You know the one where the Cretan [the man from Crete] states: "All Cretans are liars." If the man is telling the truth, then the statement is false. But if the man is lying, then the statement is true. So, if the statement is true, it's false. And if the statement is false, it's true. I think it was Bertrand Russel who claimed that if a person thought about such paradoxes for enough time, he or she would be driven to insanity.

Another paradox is as follows -

1. The following sentence is true.

2.) The preceding sentence is false.

One way to escape the paradox is to state that, given the fact that the two sentences refer to nothing but each other, they merely constitute a self-referential, verbal "hall of mirrors" - a kind of endless "tape loop." Since neither sentence refers to anything outside of the other sentence, neither sentence has any real meaning at all.

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT? YOU THE CAP NAZI????

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

That is a good point long haired one in the tower,

And pardoxes are layered upon layer in the WT speak so as to never let you stop thinking about thinking about what they want you to think about so that you forget if it was you who thought about any of what it is you decided is what you think.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

Ya... mirrors R Kewl...

• Satanus
    Satanus

WHAT'S THAT???? Too much dam noise here, lately. Those are kinda like the ultimate in circular reasoning. Must be what drives jws nuts, if they aren't before.

S

• bigmouth
    bigmouth

Because top hats and trilbys are unfashionable now.

• Lunamoth
    Lunamoth

LMAO bigmouth!

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

Awhile back, we had a discussion about the difficulty of reading centered, italicized text. I believe that the conscensus was that it was difficult to adjust to in a string of posts that were left-justified.

I personally have been censured for using bold font (though not the only onedoing so) as being egotistical or some such. Bold is because I am not 25 anymore and it helps me to see more easily what I am writing as I am composing, yet without being a total distraction for the reader (I hope). I do not mean to come across as making a statement with my choice of font. I know that someone on here is typing with one finger due to physical constraints and others have weak eyesight issues as I do. The font choice really does influence the reception of what one is saying, however, for what that is worth.

• Outaservice
    Outaservice

What ?

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

COULD YA SPEAK UP PLEASE

I'M DEAF IN MY RIGHT EYE

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit