My home Town

by Peppermint 21 Replies latest jw friends

• MOG
    MOG
    salsa classes that take place across the UK every night.

that will be us Puerto Ricans..hhahahahh...of course Columbians as well..hahah.

• Peppermint
    Peppermint

Sad Emo
    "our biggest cultural shift has been caused by the large numbers of southerners moving up here lol!"

So thats where they are all going.

Layla33
    "There are people with similiar issues in the US"

As I said some immigration is good. Not sure if you mean I have issues with it, as in a narrow minded way. Maybe I misunderstand you. The way I see it, if a large portion of a failing country leave to better themselves somewhere else thats good for them, but bad for their country. Who's left to build up it's economy? Better to stay put and make your homeland a going concern.

• Layla33
    Layla33

Peppermint,

Two questions, do you feel that way about Europeans that migrate to other countries outside of Europe?

Second question: What is your solution?

• Peppermint
    Peppermint

Layla 33
    "do you feel that way about Europeans that migrate to other countries outside of Europe?"

I don't like divisive communities. If you move to another country you must share in that country's aspirations and goals. If you move to a place yet are opposed to the way it is but move there all the same because it is financially rewarding I feel that is wrong.

"What is your solution?"

The new system. What else(Joke). Who knows. Perhaps a ban on air travel coupled with politicians that look after their people(unrealistic waffle).

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

mourn the change and embrace the next wave.

does the "global village" have potential to even the odd(s)?

let's share.

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik
    If you move to another country you must share in that country's aspirations and goals.

Yes, but not absolutely.

• Sad emo
    Sad emo
    If you move to another country you must share in that country's aspirations and goals.

Yes, but not absolutely.

Please will you expand, SPAZnik? Could be fascinating Maybe you're thinking along a slightly different line to Peppermint as to what 'aspirations and goals' are?

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

When all your dreams are drowned

And lungs of future filled with mud

The past is like a quagmire

And your soul pours red with blood

So your essence drips away from you

And your zeal dries in the sun

Nothing is a way ahead

And everything is gone

Feeings have destroyed themselves

Till loves transplants' mistrust

And everything you thought was life

Got pushed and crushed then flushed

Black stirs in your morning

The Earth sucks at your soul?

There's no place left to go for you

And far less left to show

My next step and all those behind

lead back to where I've been

The journey is an ending

and the next ones lost in silent screams

I lie not when I say to you

About where next to go

If it's not deaths call for me

I truly do not know

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

Actually, it was the word "must" I took sleepy exception to.

So I do agree, reservedly.

Expectation of absolute (as in, unquestioning) submission would be a dictatorship, no?

If we disagree with our country's, oh say, immigration policies, for instance, we are, happily, afforded the freedom to question, challenge, petition and lobby, sometimes including through demonstrative means, for changes we could live with.

The rapid rate of change in our "shrinking" global village is definitely challenging! Could the laws slow it down some?

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

We have agreement then! I take a country's aspirations and goals to be in broad terms - such as prosperity, peace (sorry - I did switch them round lol!), upholding of basic human rights etc. I can't imagine anyone moving to another country and not wanting to share in things like these - but sadly it does happen

Can't speak for peppermint but I suspect that's what she meant too

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit