We went to the Memorial in Palm Beach County Florida

by ronin1 11 Replies latest jw friends

• ronin1
    ronin1

We decided to go to the memorial on Saturday, here in Palm Beach County where we live. It was at 9:00 EST.

When we arrived the KH was almost full. People were congregating like it was a party and taking pics. I do not remember that type of atmosphere happening years ago. When we were young it was a very solemn, respectful occasion to the point where it was very quiet in the KH. Obviously that has changed.

Anyway, fast forward to the memorial talk, which was quite boring and uneventful. It was not like when we lived up north, in Queens, NY. You always anticpated a talk by a bethel bro and most of the memorial talks were enlightening and kept you awake. My husband and I critiqued the brother who gave the talk. His body language embodied the typical 'I am the PO elder" aura and he acted very standoffish and snobbish. His wife walked around the KH before the talk with the auro that "I am an PO elder's wife".

Nowhere in the talk was it mentioned about the new information that anyone can partake if they deemed themselves of the anointed. The talk outline stuck to the old adage of the anointed being chosen by God and those were the ones to partake. But now we come to the crazy part of this memorial service:

The brother who gave the prayer before the passing of the bread literally gave a 5 minute prayer talk.....I am not joking. The prayer was so long I started squirming. When it came time to pass around the bread or matza, I and my husband had to make sure we did not laugh out loud. You would not believe how horrible the bread looked. It seemed as if they had taken the bread out of storage. It was gray, broken up in pieces and even had crumbs on the plate. It was embarassing. We could not believe that with visitors, the cong would present, to the public, on such an occassion, bread representing Christ's body that looked so bad. After calling my mom, she said that in the South, sometimes the congs used homemade matza bread at the memorial celebrations. My husband, who is from the Carribean, said that when he was younger, the congs also used homemade matza bread for the memorial celebrations because his own mother baked for the memorial- but it looked much better.

Then, when another brother was praying before passing the wine, he kept referring in his prayer that the wine represented Christ's body. I kept cringing everytime he said that in prayer. My husband said because the brother was elderly he made those mistakes. Regardless of that, I feel on such a solemn occasion when you have new visitors, you should not make such a mistake when praying.

Anyway, that was our memoral celebration experience for 2008.

Ronin1

• BONEZZ
    BONEZZ

People were congregating like it was a party and taking pics.

Don't you realize that this is the LAST memorial ever before Big A??!!! Just think, everyone can look back at their pre-armageddon scrapbooks and say things like, "Hey remember Sister Shows-Too-Much-Leg and Brother Smells-of-Smoke...too bad they didn't make it...oh well we have this fine Kodak moment."

-BONEZZ

• XOCO
    XOCO
    People were congregating like it was a party and taking pics. I do not remember that type of atmosphere happening years ago. When we were young it was a very solemn, respectful occasion to the point where it was very quiet in the KH. Obviously that has changed.

It is typical at the JW BET Memorial Awards LOL!. all the men dressed up in pimp suites and the sisters in prom dresses (its typical in the black congos)...HA HA HA. But I also participated in it (i got my picture taken like i was a movie star) i guess it is a South Florida thing eventhough i don't live in the southern half of florida *Hint, Hint* but a little bit to the north of it

When it came time to pass around the bread or matza, I and my husband had to make sure we did not laugh out loud. You would not believe how horrible the bread looked. It seemed as if they had taken the bread out of storage. It was gray, broken up in pieces and even had crumbs on the plate. It was embarassing.

ROMFF (Rolling on the mother fu***ng Floor)the dubs have gotten' so ghetto.LOL!

Then, when another brother was praying before passing the wine, he kept referring in his prayer that the wine represented Christ's body. I kept cringing everytime he said that in prayer. My husband said because the brother was elderly he made those mistakes. Regardless of that, I feel on such a solemn occasion when you have new visitors, you should not make such a mistake when praying

I truly feel so sorry 4 you Missy... but i've experienced the samething in my hall too.

XOCO

• XOCO
    XOCO
    People were congregating like it was a party and taking pics.

Don't you realize that this is the LAST memorial ever before Big A??!!! Just think, everyone can look back at their pre-armageddon scrapbooks and say things like, "Hey remember Sister Shows-Too-Much-Leg and Brother Smells-of-Smoke...too bad they didn't make it...oh well we have this fine Kodak moment."

BWWWHAHAHAH! *laughing ghettoish* That was hysterical Bonezz!!!

• BONEZZ
    BONEZZ

XOCO...I wonder what it was like in Miami? Do ya think Crocket and Tubbs showed up?

-BONEZZ

• XOCO
    XOCO
    XOCO...I wonder what it was like in Miami? Do ya think Crocket and Tubbs showed up?

I wished they showed up (that would of been great to see) and take away all of those foolish ppl conducting the anti-partaking cermony LOL! but at least their were actual law enforcement to direct the flow of traffic...caused by the dubs.

XOCO

• ronin1
    ronin1

Bonezz:

Thanks for the laugh!!

But I should remember that Florida is a country in the US all by itself..............they never do anything like the rest of the country.

"Beam me up Scotty" back to Nueva York..................fast....................!!!!

Ronin1

• ronin1
    ronin1
    People were congregating like it was a party and taking pics. I do not remember that type of atmosphere happening years ago. When we were young it was a very solemn, respectful occasion to the point where it was very quiet in the KH. Obviously that has changed.

It is typical at the JW BET Memorial Awards LOL! . all the men dressed up in pimp suites and the sisters in prom dresses (its typical in the black congos) ...HA HA HA. But I also participated in it (i got my picture taken like i was a movie star ) i guess it is a South Florida thing eventhough i don't live in the southern half of florida *Hint, Hint* but a little bit to the north of it

=====================================================================================================

My husband and I just watched in amazement like "too fish of out water". He had to silently hit me a few times during the talk too so that I would laugh out loud. What a memorial fiasco!!!

Then, it was a little after 10:00 pm and we could not find any resturant or fast food place open except for KFC. Unbelievable!!

"Beam my up Scotty" back to Nueva York.......................fast...............!!!

Ronin1

• XOCO
    XOCO

Then, it was a little after 10:00 pm and we could not find any resturant or fast food place open except for KFC. Unbelievable!!

Pretty soon the society will ban dubs eating chicken after the memorial LOL!

XOCO

• bite me
    bite me

that video is freakin hysterical! Love it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit