Is it allowed to make a "interested" unbaptised person an ATTENDANT?

by BBOARD 5 Replies latest jw friends

• BBOARD
    BBOARD

I am simply asking a question.

Calling all EX-JW's in the know.

If a person has been coming to the meeting regularly and is on the TMS can they, by the book, be made into a Attendant WITHOUT ANY declaration to "serve Jehovah" AKA Baptism.

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

When we went it was a negative, you must be baptised. Unless they are bending the rules a bit now.

hope

• bigmouth
    bigmouth

I would imagine a baptised sister with a hat would be in line before an interested man

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

ORGANIZED TO DO JEHOVAH'S WILL is the current guidebook for all things JW.

Page 123:
    At meetings in the Kingdom Hall, qualified brothers are assigned to serve as attendants.
    (middle of next paragraph) It is preferable that ministerial servants be used as
    attendants, particularly those who have had experience handling situations that arise in
    family life. -1Tim.3:12

It is totally a No-No to use unbaptized ones as attendants. They are supposed to hold
    it up as a grand privilege that you may earn if you get dipped. Before that, you can
    clean the toilet, maybe, or mow the lawn- maybe carry a box of literature in from someone's
    car. Nothing more.

• blondie
    blondie

I remember a book study overseer trying to have 2 unbaptized bible students given the opening and closing prayer. One sister gently spoke up and said it had to be a baptized brother. The conductor backed down and gave both prayers. They aren't supposed to but some elders reveal that they think an unbaptized male ranks above a baptized sister. Some elders even feel that sisters cannot read the paragraphs at the book study which is bizarre when you consider they can read from the bible when they give an answer, a book with more value in God's eyes than any WTS publication.

*** w02 7/15 p. 27 Questions From Readers ***Must Christian women wear a head covering when giving oral or sign-language translation of Bible discourses or when publicly reading the paragraphs from a Bible study aid that is being used at a congregation meeting? No. Sisters handling these duties are not presiding or teaching. Similarly, no head covering is required for sisters taking part in demonstrations, relating experiences, or handling student talks in the Theocratic Ministry School.
  • senora
    senora

I recall in your other post you said you were asked to be an attendant. Are you baptized? Because like everyone else said, yes you have to be baptized to have any priviledges in the congregation. Some elders will go against the guidelines and they are wrong if they do.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit