Atrocities in the name of god

by lilyflor 21 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• lilyflor
  • Alpaca
    Alpaca

This is familiar information to anyone who has taken the time to objectively examine religion.

It is exactly why the only correct conclusion is that religion is part of the problem not part of the solution.

As a species, humans are developmentally retarded by the effects of religion. As far as I am concerned it is the agnostics, atheists, and secular humanists who are at the vanguard of the mental, psychic, and moral evolution of our species.

I can tolerate the religious beliefs of those who must believe. However, there is always the dark side of religion that is lurking just below the surface and that can erupt at any time, given the right circumstances. It is for this reason that religion must be viewed with a very wary eye at all times.

Cheers to all (including you believers),

Alex

• heathen
    heathen

yep , that'd be my view of christianity as whole over the passing of time .Right down to this day where you have GW murdering hundreds of thousands or even millions and lying about the reasons but still claiming that his christian God gives him the OK . The christians and moslems have jut stopped killing each other for a break in the violence that killed 5-6 million people in africa .I saw that on 60 minutes last night , some kids survived but where none the less hacked with machetes .Yet both moslems and christians will say their religion is a about peace . What a sick joke that is.

• Moxie
    Moxie
    "As a species, humans are developmentally retarded by the effects of religion. As far as I am concerned it is the agnostics, atheists, and secular humanists who are at the vanguard of the mental, psychic, and moral evolution of our species."

Alpaca - I couldn't agree with you more...!

IMO, Religious indoctrination has held back the normal psychological development/evolution of our species for centuries not to mention the atrocities it is responsible for.

"Moxie"

• IMustBreakAway
    IMustBreakAway

At times I have heard people counter this with arguments about Hitler, Stalin and Chairman Mao. How they used atheism of sorts and are responsible for a number of deaths as well. But I don’t really think what they used was atheism, or agnosticism in its truthful form. They tried to replace religion with worship of the state. More important than people believing in God or not believing in God is that people come to their decision rationally and after much thought. It is blind faith IMO that leads to atrocity, whether that blind faith is placed in a God, or a man representing God, or a lack of God, or the state, etc… The sad bit is that 5% tend to lead the other 95%

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

And Witnesses with there blood Transfusion policy keep the death toll rolling.

• jonathan adabe
    jonathan adabe

How about the expected Armageddon of the Watchtower, Bible and Tract Society, (Jehovah's Witnesses)? It is Jehovah himself, according to the Society, who soon is going to whisper into the ears of the United Nations who will respond by destroying every Church building, cathedral, mosque and chapel and every member of those religions, followed by the destruction of every other member of the world's societies, unless they get into the 'Ark of Safety' which is the Jehovah's Witness Organization. This means the death of some 6 billion men, women, children and babies.....or 1000 holocausts. Not atrocities in the name of God, but by God Himself.

• Tuesday
    Tuesday

It was brought up in another thread of mine that I was misinterpreting scriptures to think that God condoned violence in the bible. I suggested to start another thread about it. For reference here's my post:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/10/155116/2842536/post.ashx#2842536

Ask and ye shall receive, I hope to hear Lil's response on this article showing why God did not condone all this violence put forth here. Or anyone else's for that matter.

• bobld
    bobld

Atrocities by God...................

1.Flood total human pop only 8 survived.Imagine drowning babies,pregnant mothers,etc,

2.Destruction of ALL Amalekites,even babies,women, and property.....sick

3.One Angel kills 185,000

4.Oh,shit Iam getting sick to my stomach of all these death caused by God.

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

The human imagination can believed just about anything if it wills itself so, as others have stated inner fear is a protagonist to beliefs when it is placed in the sub-conscience

mind and the marketers of the WTS have known that for decades. There two parts to organized religion one are the people who seek answers and direction for themselves and the other

part are the people that are willing to offer that direction, the bible is just that medium that can accomplish that very effort.

History has shown us that the belief in gods or a god were mainly structured and developed on the basis of human ignorance or the lack of knowledge of the world we live in.

In a counter balance to that known ignorance, scientific discovery and established facts derived from those discoveries has swayed modern man to stop thinking that there are

invisible but powerful spirits swarming around causing climactic damage to humans and inciting fear to the detriment to the population. It does seem to me and probably many

others thats it's better for man to live in a world of continuing knowledge and to work with this knowledge with the intent to better the human experience. It also seems in an

unfortunate way that religious men like the JWS. have utilized and exploited that ancient ignorance and fear to cultivate their own source of power and control, negating the advancement

of man to better his existence along with it. So the question we have to ask are selfs would it be better to let the gods or the men that say they are gods governed and control us or are we

better off to do it are selfs ?

My vote is on the humans !

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit