Memorial invitations didn't work in my congo. Did they work in yours?

by outofthebox 24 Replies latest jw friends

• outofthebox
    outofthebox

So, the people in my congo expended hours and hours distributing the invitations, but the attendance was the same as always (actually a little less than other years). How about your congo? -ootn

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

At least nobody there wasted any time helping people in need - feeding orphans and widows and that sort of crap. Instead the spent countless hours distributing a few dead trees worth of paper invitations to people who would have been having an otherwise pleasant day. Good plan.

Don't know if any of the locals took up the invitation - I wasn't there.

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

The hours that they spend did exactly what they were intended to do. They kept people busy so that their brains wouldn't accidentally start working...

New campaign next week!

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Our cong had the highest attendance ever for memorial. Not a big deal when you look closely at the stats:

15% or more live outside the territory because they hate the cong they were attending.

15% were under the age of 5. At least from the crying it sounded more like 25%. Why can't the holy ghost keep the kids quiet for an hour? If God can get the governments to destroy false religion by his super manipulative powers, why can't he keep some kids quiet during church?

The extras were friends or family that came out of curiosity or threats by Jdubs. Since it was on a Saturday night during Easter weekend, they couldn't come up with a good excuse to blow off this year. They won't be back.

Sunday, today, was fewer than average in attendance.

B the X

• mind my own
    mind my own

I didn't get an invite...last year I didn't get one either. That isn't b/c people know where I live...I think they are slacking off. That is great news!

MMO

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

I've never been a dub, but I got two invitations this week from the "door-to-door" ministry - one in English and one in Spanish (I converse a little in Spanish, so the woman gave me an invite). The Spanish invite was yesterday, Saturday.... not much notice (a few hours...whatever). Too bad I had plans.........hmmmmmmm

• yknot
    yknot

Less then last year, but enough to have to use the alter-TMS room and library

• sspo
    sspo

Don't know if it worked, did not attend for the first time.

Usually the invitation has never worked for the public in general, the high numbers are from those that are inactive, studies

and relatives that try to please a JW, to get them off their back.

I hardly ever seen in 32 years someone that came just by being contacted with the track.

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

Yes, had a wonderful celebration at home instead of the KH, in are ceremony we didn't have unleavened bread so we used Twinkies sliced into quarters and instead of red wine

we used grape Koolaid and passed that around at the dinner table. In my talk I gave thanks to Jesus for creating all the the self-righteous sanctimonious redeemable sinners in the world,

and if he would please come back now because there might be too many of them .

After dinner we resided into the living room and gathered around the television to watch Monty Pythons " Life of Brian " it was a very good evening indeed .

• penny2
    penny2

In the congregations I've heard about, memorial attendance was considerably lower than last year.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit