Where Can I Find A Free Website and Free Hosting On The Web?

by BlackPearl 4 Replies latest jw friends

• BlackPearl
    BlackPearl

I want to create a website, but it dawned on me last evening, there must be places on the web that have free website templates and free hosting. I Googled it, and sure enough, there are. But...what's the catch? Nothing is for free, so what is the catch?

Has anyone tried this before? If so, where did you end up getting your site from? Did you have any problems?

BP

Google link: http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&newwindow=1&safe=off&rls=com.microsoft%3Aen-us%3AIE-SearchBox&rlz=1I7GGLG&q=free+website

• DT
    DT

It depends on what you are looking for. Some free websites put ads on your site and take all the revenue from them. I would consider that to be intolerable, but it might not be a big deal for others. When I looked for free web hosting, I wasn't impressed with any of the options. I prefer to use inexpensive web hosting for hosting my files.

Blogs are a different story. There are some great places to get free blogs. Blogger and Wordpress are popular. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions about Blogger, because that is what I use.

I don't know if a blog will satisfy your needs, but it might be worth considering because they remove much of the difficulty of setting up a site. If you plan on making frequent updates they can save a lot of hassle and time.

• Velvetann
    Velvetann

Black Pearl

I build websites and some people ask me to put them up on a free site. The free sites are very limiting, Lots and lots of advertising, pop ups and they limit traffic. Meaning you can only have so many people looking at it at one time and how many in the day. Bandwidth.

I am with a company for my internet and email and they offer free webspace. I use sympatico in Canada but Aol sometimes hosts free websites.

Nowadays its really cheap to put up a website and have it hosted. I use a company thats $9.99 a month for webhosting.

If you want something that is not business oriented or if its something small then maybe the free one will work for you. Geocities is free and hosted by Yahoo. http://www.yahoo.com/r/gc

Hope that helps

Velvetann

• BlackPearl
    BlackPearl

Thanks guys! I appreciate your help.

BP

• VM44
    VM44

Yahoo Geocities offers a free webhosting service.

They will put banner ads on your pages though.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit