TV PROGRAMMES ABOUT CHRISTIANITY OVER EASTER.

by badboy 11 Replies latest jw friends

• badboy
    badboy

TURIN SHROUD TONIGHT

SECRETS OF 12 APOSTLES.;SUNDAY

• badboy
    badboy

I AM LOOKING AT THE TURIN SHROUD PROGAMME AT THE MOMENT.

• edmond dantes
    edmond dantes

Just seen the brilliant forensic evidence as explained in the programme the Turin Shroud. I watched a similar programme a few years ago which seemed to suggest that the radio carbon dating evidence firmly put the origins of the shroud to around the 1300s --- 1400s now it seems that the radio carbon evidence could be wrong and that the shroud could be 1st century AD. after all .Toward the end of the programme the experts dealt with the nailing of victims to the cross no mention of a single stake I noticed.

From the evidence I have seen from those brilliant forensic scientists it looks as if it is a genuine burial cloth from the time of Jesus.If the radio carbon data is proven wrong the evidence of it's earlier date seems overwhelming.Could it be the area of cloth sample tested was different to the the larger cloth area ? Intriguing or what !

What a brilliant programme.Pity I aint got HD though.

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

I watched on the History channel today "walking in Jesus' footsteps", very interesting. Also a program looking for Jesus' grave. That is before I found out Leoalai already found it in Japan.

And tonight at 10pm on history is all about the Reformation. Peace, Lilly

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

Saw a program on the Garden of Eden the other day that was excellent. Turns out it's a real place alright. And a poetic interpretation of Genesis could be explainable. Although it wasn't God who kicked out "Adam" (or whatever his group of people were), no it was a neighboring civilization who took it over. Highly recomended.

• badboy
    badboy

I SAW SECRETS OF THE 12 APOSTLES;VERY INTERESTING

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

Just watched the Turin Shroud on BBC iPlayer.

Wow!!! All the physical evidence seems to say its older than mediaeval, only the carbon dating disagrees.

What implications for anything else which relies on C14 dating if it eventually turns out to be corruptible as the scientists are exploring.

Wasn't impressed with 'The Passion' - far too much artistic licence imho.

• badboy
    badboy

there was a programme about mary magalene today

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

Just saw one on Moses that was a load of rubbish. They took HUGE leaps to try to accept the bible story of Moses. It was embarassing. They found evidence that was 100 - 1000 years off when it should have been, but put it in the mix anyway because it fit the story nicely otherwise.

• badboy
    badboy

what programme was that?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit