Need quick list of things wrong with JW memorial service!!

by oompa 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• oompa
    oompa

My old elders, wife, and son know I have had issues with the servcie and talk for years. I will start list:

1. Why would I even be there, if I have an earthly hope?

2. In Bible only annointed were there (except they were not anointed by spirit yet).

3. They passed it in order to eat and drink, not for tradion or ceremony. We say "please pass the butter" to frikkin use it, not to pass it.

4. Wasn't this New Covenant part of real meal? Bring on the lamb and all.

5. I now have issues that WT shut the "new annointed" out of existing since 1935 until 2007!!! EVERYONE was educated they could NOT partake since their only option was earthly hope.

6. JW's almost NEVER refer to those on earth with the heavenly hope by the name used to refer to them in the Bible....it is NOT annointed, and it sure as hell is NOT Faithful Slave......nearly a dozen times it was __________.......................................oompa

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

It was supposed to be observed in small groups, family size or about 10-15 people. Everyone in attendance should be able to see anyone that partakes doing so--which is not possible in the Kingdumb Hells.

• chikikie
    chikikie

if it was done at individual houses of 10/15 ppl wouldnt this cost the elders a fortune in win and unleven bread, you know how tight they are lol

• chikikie
    chikikie

if it was done at individual houses of 10/15 ppl wouldnt this cost the elders a fortune in win and unleven bread, you know how tight they are lol

• nomoreguilt
    nomoreguilt

According to wts teachings, Christ returned in 1914. However, at 1Corinthians 11:26 the apostle Paul said..."For as often as you eat this loaf and drink this cup, you keep proclaiming the death of the Lord, UNTIL HE ARRIVES". Now, if jesus did return in 1914, why do they still observe this occasion???

NMG

• cognac
    cognac

This is something that I just noticed for the first time this week, maybe it's just my cong. though...

1 - There is some sort of status thing is regards to what type of "priviledge" you have. Evidently, if you do the "parking lot" it is not as great as being a "server"... I noticed this when my husband came home on Tuesday completely Bullsh*t because the PO (the one who put my husband under his wing) put him to be a server but had some sort of emergency after the mtg and another elder (the one who seems to have it out for my husband and my husband can't stand him) took him off that and made him do parking lot...

Let me just tell you, I'm not sure I've ever seen my husband so pissed... I mean, he couldn't even talk about it for awhile he was so mad. He even called the PO about it... I thought he was just going to be mad about it Tuesday night, but I've been hearing about this ALL WEEK LONG!!! He is completely livid... He's convinced that this Elder did it on purpose and is pissed. Seriously, I don't know how to actually put it in words that justify how mad he actually was...

He's still thinking the PO might fix it. So, tonight when the PO doesn't fix it, I'm sure I will hear an earful...

• Cordelia
    Cordelia

wish thats all i had to be pissed about!!#

are you going cognac?

• cognac
    cognac

wish thats all i had to be pissed about!!#

are you going cognac?

Hell yeah!!! I gotta see how this little war plays out plus I want to be there for my husband...

• MissingLink
    MissingLink
    Need quick list of things wrong with JW memorial service!!

• The crackers are too bland.
    • Not enough wine for everyone.

Seriously though - I think it's just a cult tactic - keep putting the people down. Make them deny themselves, and remind them that they are nothing and NEED the organization to get anywhere close to god.

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

Cognac - remind your husband that that elder was appointed by holy spirit. He should be grateful for the wise leadership, and be proud of his priviledge of parking cars.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit