just been to memorial

by 10p 17 Replies latest jw experiences

• 10p
    10p

It was pretty ho hum. Probably the first time I've actually paid much attention to the talk (I used to be one of the puppets passing around the emblems) - it amazed me how little he talked about Jesus, and how much revolved around the technicalties of the 144000. And is the number of anointed getting larger? I thought it was down to 8-thousand something - he said it was 9 thousand and something last year???

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

So, if it was that eventful, were you there; because you wanted to be, because your family is intravenously wired to it, or because you still feel they hold your shares in the afterlife?

• 10p
    10p

I figured, if I don't go, the elders will think I'm definately an apostate, and will make an effort to snoop into my personal beliefs to try and hang me. at the moment, since my wife is still in, and we spend a lot of time with her family who are dubs, I dont want to get DF'ed. This way, they might think I'm still just 'confused by doubts'. I expect they will come round now and invite me to the next meeting, which I will thank them for and then carry on as normal.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I went to mine--that is, the one V was nice enough to post as a video. I went yesterday, and it was far more informative than any of the ones I ever saw in the Kingdumb Hells.

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others
    or because you still feel they hold your shares in the afterlife?

Oh, I just love that comment crusoe!

lol

hope

• Pahpa
    Pahpa

It is very difficult for those who still have relatives in the organization ...especially mates. And they deserve our sympathy and compassion. Whatever course they decide, we have to respect their decision. After leaving the organization 25 years ago, there is still pain and sorrow felt by our family because of the separation from our loved ones. And I'm sure this is also experienced the members who remain in the organization.

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

I had plan on going just to keep the peace with the extended family and whatnot, but turns out me, the wife, and kid all have a tummy bug. We're staying home and watching a movie. Can't say I'm disapointed, but don't look forward to the unavoidable fallout.

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

Crusoe -

I went solely because my mother is dying of breast cancer and I don't want her to die in despair that she will never see me again in the "new system."

Sometimes it is just too cruel to disillusion those we love.

Without checking your posts I can't tell why exactly you are here. But dont dish anybody for doing what they have to do to survive this cult.

its not hypocrisy, because we don't actually have anything to gain for our selves.

HB

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    I thought it was down to 8-thousand something - he said it was 9 thousand and something last year???

Jehovah is "speeding up the work in his own time". He is bringing about increase even among the annointedâ„¢!

Hasn't it been hovering around the 8,000 mark for the last 20-30 years?

W

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

10p asked,

I thought it was down to 8-thousand something - he said it was 9 thousand and something last year???

Remember when the dwindling number of anointed was yet another sign of how close Armageddon is?

Another JW superstition gets thrown under the bus!

The speaker is right, and so are you -- the number of anointed has been increasing recently, and faster than the JW organization as a whole.

I suppose that means Armageddon is not as close as it used to be.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit