so why do they do it?

by atpeace 6 Replies latest jw friends

• atpeace
    atpeace

i'm in the middle of reading coc. quite the eye opener to things i already suspected. my question is this - if some on the governing body have doubts, how can they just go along with it? it can't be a money maker, and i can think of a lot better ways to spend my time. any thoughts? i mean, are they just pure evil?

• zeroday
    zeroday

I would not say evil...they are the gate keepers to the will and knowledge of Jehovah and the only channel thru which God communicates with his so called people so if they question their own beliefs it is just a matter of the light getting brighter with their new pronouncements they are never wrong...

• choosing life
    choosing life

Franz, who spent years at the top, said it was because they are "captives of a concept". Then there is the time and effort they put into getting to the top. Most are also financially dependent on the organization by this time. It takes a strong person to say they were misled and walk away from it all.

I likes Franz's second book, In Search Of Christian Freedom, better. COC is a good place to start though.

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

They have a lot of financial security, being flown here and there and the prestige, fine food and clothes may be hard to leave behind they are treated like god.

angel flying

hope4others

• senora
    senora

I think they do it for the glory. They are so idolized, do you see how people act around them or when a GB member is giving a talk or just the mention of the words GB? One bethelite had told me they are like angels and he felt so nervous when he was invited to one of their rooms for a get together because it was such a privledge being in the presence of future angels.

Simply put, they are treated like kings, like gods, they travel all around the world, 1st class and are reveared all around the world and they love it. I doubt if they have to preach at all, let alone get 10 hours or more a month so really their life isn't hard at all. All they do is sit around and give orders, eat, sleep, travel and get the best of care and get supreme glory. That's why they do it IMO.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

if some on the governing body have doubts, how can they just go along with it?

There getting a free ride without having to do manual labor. All expenses paid, health care, etc.

They probably only have worldly skills to run a register at 7-11, it that.

Of course, I'm being facetious. Every last one of them could be award winning used car salesmen.

• nbernat
    nbernat

That is EXACTLY why they do it. They have so much power it's insane. They get free vacations, hell they probably have been to more countries than the people in the UN. They are so powerful and are literally like royalty within the JW organization. And as others have said, they've worked too hard to get there. But what I wonder if is they express their doubts to each other or keep them locked inside?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit