No sacred trees in Eden - what would have happened?

by Awakened07 14 Replies latest watchtower bible

• quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving

very interesting Awakened. I'll have a go

Now - if Adam and Eve didn't do anything particularly wrong, had children, and lived on, one would think that eventually someone would at some point do something wrong, down the line. But would that then mean the (perhaps by then) worldwide paradise would have had to be destroyed, and all of mankind (or at least this person's descendants) cast out into a desert-like existence? Wouldn't it be more logical to prosecute for each and every single offending human (or angel)?

Yes it would be more logical to prosecute for each and every single offending human...

To me your argument clearly demonstrates God's absence and humans being forced to find a way of living together with some sort of system morality and justice.

Wouldn't the garden of Eden story and (if you believe it) the story of mankind have been better off if God hadn't planted the trees, but let it all unfold on its own in its own pace? What was really the point of those trees?

without something like the sort of structure the 'Adam and Eve and the trees' story points to I can't see an 'unfolding' taking place without humans wiping each other out.

• Satans Son
    Satans Son

Would you kill or threaten to kill your kids for disobeying you, betraying you, or wanting to be like you?

Way I see it, if God destroys us...he must be bloodthristy, as we are doing a fine job killing ourselves.

Why kill a suicidal creation?

• Pickled
    Pickled

There is something I am confused about and would appreciate input.

I know that the JW believe that satan is the ruler of this world. Ok, that's fine.

But did he become the ruler when humans were banished from the garden, or did he become ruler when he was cast out of heaven and focused his attention on the earth in an angry sort of way?

• Pickled
    Pickled

Please disregard the above question. I moved it over to the Beliefs and Doctrines threads as I think I was off topic here.

• DoomVoyager
    DoomVoyager

The whole punishment thing destroys the concept of free will anyways. If I threaten to kill you if you don't give me all your money, and then later you take me to court, and I say "He give it out of his own free will", does that make sense? How is it any more reasonable if god does it? "Do everything I say, or I will kill you?"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit