slowly unraveling

by chickpea 8 Replies latest jw friends

• chickpea
    chickpea

it MUST be memorial season!!

2 car groups in 3 days have stopped by.....

funny thing is..... i havent seen anyone aside from brief and hurried " hey, mate" in the various grocery stores, or typical places to run into folk you know for months, and more likely YEARS......

so yesterday, they brought me the latest "insider" WTs and after about 10 min of pleasant meaningless banter, finally got to the point....." it would be nice to see you at the hall"

my response: i have to tell you straight out, that we are all much happier and doing better without marinating in a doomsday atmosphere... we have to look at life in a way where we find different reasons to hope.....

talk about a conversation stopper.... i am guessing this is where is starts to show up on the radar...... they were sisters of the fleshly type to one of the elders

as far as saturday night goes.... i will be eating delicious homemade popcorn and watching british comedies on PBS with a very very cool octogenarian

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Tired of the Hypocrisy
    i will be eating delicious homemade popcorn and watching british comedies on PBS with a very very cool octogenarian

I used to love an old British comedy called Doctor in the House.....I wonder if it will be released on DVD

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

It would be nice to see them creating some value for society, such as a paradigm that actually works. As it is, they are wasting resources and getting people into meetings that accomplish nothing but waste time and energy. And they dissuade people from getting an education and learning about how things really work.

• spanteach
    spanteach

"i have to tell you straight out, that we are all much happier and doing better without marinating in a doomsday atmosphere." (I have no idea how to quote people, so this is the best I can do) Hello, this is my first post. I have not been to a meeting in almost 3 years and I have to say, chickpea, that I feel EXACTLY the same way. It's a relief not to be judged because I'm single and not a pioneer or constantly made to feel that my best is NEVER enough. Woo sweet freedom!!!!

• Velvetann
    Velvetann

Welcome Spanteach!!!!!!

You should introduce yourself separately from this thread so everyone will know you are here. Just start new topic and say you are new here.

Looking forward to getting to know you

Velvetann

• Open mind
    Open mind

Welcome spanteach!

I liked the "marinating in a doomsday atmosphere" phrase myself.

Start a thread called "Hello" or something like that and you'll get to feel what non-coerced "love bombing" feels like.

OM

• blondie
    blondie
    we are all much happier and doing better without marinating in a doomsday atmosphere

Chickpea, I liked this phrase too...will try and remember if for future use.

Love, Blondie

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M
    i will be eating delicious homemade popcorn and watching british comedies on PBS with a very very cool octogenarian

When I am over 80 I want to be described as very very cool.

• chickpea
    chickpea

when you consider that the purpose of marinating is to tenderize and flavour a selected substance.... it is a seemingly appropriate illustration to explain what it is like to live in the atmosphere created and perpetrated by the b0rg..... everything about it is meant to mold one's life and thinking to promote the agenda of the few..... and every thought becomes flavoured with the jargon of the collective.....

as for my very very cool octogenarian..... she is my best friend's mother and at 87 is incredibly active and activist!! league of women voters, sits on 2 boards of local enterprises, is developing an 80 arce property into a wildlife conservancy

welcome spanteach....... honoured to have hosted your first post

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit