I think I have to go to the memorial

by 4mylove 13 Replies latest jw experiences

• Open mind
    Open mind

Here's an idea.

Go with him and stay right by his side the whole time.

That way you'll know EXACTLY what kind of manipulative tactics they use on him. Plus, if you're standing right there, they'll likely refrain from criticizing you for being a "bad influence" on him.

Just a thought.

Lots of people who have no use for the Catholic Church go to Mass on Easter & Christmas with grand-ma to make her happy.

Weigh all this against whether it's too much internal stress for you.

OM

• 4mylove
    4mylove

Jgant, thanks yet again. I believe you were the one that had suggested the Alpha course a while back. I haven't attended yet but is sounds like a wonderful experience. I almost had my husband convinced but he decided not to go because Bear Grills wasn't going to be the mediator! My husband may still be a little brainwashed but he loves Bear Grills and was willing to go if he had been there. I did research, and he only participates very rarely.

TweetieBird, I've already thought of that but need some help. I would of course ask for a better explanation on why we cannot partake.

OpenMind, I would never leave his side. That's the whole and only point of me going. I want to be there for him. I do not fear them. I fear what they could do to my family. And yes, I've been a "part time" catholic for a while now. I'm currently trying to find my own truth in my own way. With the help of this board i've discovered neither them or any other man made organization can help lead me to Him. It has to be in my heart. I hope I eventually find what I'm looking for.

Thanks again to you all, every little bit helps,

• oompa
    oompa

4love....if you could take a big purse and just wander down front and pocket all the bread before the service....it would be great!......oompa

• burningbridges
    burningbridges

feel free to lovingly explain to your husband that the lord's evening meal was only to be observed by the members of his new covenant until his return, (and oh, gee, honey didn't you teach me that he already retuned in 1914? I just wouldn't feel right continuing to follow a command that had an expiration date! ) Also, you could inform you would be De-lited to attend and partake of this sacred ceremony with him! Point out to him John chapter six verses 48-58 which tell you that in order to be worthy of a resurection you MUST take communion. The witnesses B.S their way through this saying that this scripture has a "broader" meaning, not actually talking about partaking of the emblems! However, if you have a real brain, and you really look at it, you will see that Jesus was talking to the Jews (NOT annointed memembers of his new convenant) and yes he WAS speaking about partaking in his remembrance. You can only twist it if are in denial. Tell your husband you will be following Jesus's command to partake if you go, otherwise he shoudln't be going since the lord laready returned. What a buffet to pick and choose these wintesses do!!! I doubt he's ever heard this verse, I was a zombie for seven years and never once had that verse read, just 1 corinth 11: 28-30 telling me how horrible I would be if I did do it. The bible does not contradict itself if allowed to speak for itself, they were warning ALL partakers, (All who desire to have "life" inside themselves and share a union with Christ) to examine themselves, not banning "non-annointed" ones from participating. My reccomendation? Fake an illness and keep him home.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit