I'm pretty sure there gonna let my husband become a MS the next time around

by cognac 20 Replies latest jw friends

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

You could just go ahead and disassociate yourself that would put the ol kebash on that appointment. However, if you did that and he didn't get the appointment then he would blame YOU. Not the best thing for the marriage. You need to figure out some way to sabotage it without SEEMING to... I don't know seems like SOMEONE on here would have some ideas...

• oompa
    oompa

Cognac....I don't suppose you could tell an elder your hubbie is making you do things in bed you are very uncomfortable with??? That would probably keep him off the list!!.......oompa

• cognac
    cognac
    I'm surprised that he would consider even excepting this (MS) do the discussions you have been having (apostate stuff).

I don't know... I just think he let's it go and thinks it will go away...

hmmm you seem in danger of making this a JW's or me issue, is that really fair?

I no, I try to keep reminding myself of that and it's difficult. I get a lot of pressure to be a good JW. This is something that takes such an emotional toll, thanks for the reminder... I have to be very careful of that...

If the elders knew about your views or about the materials your husband has viewed - I doubt he would be appointed.

I know, but I'm not gonna say anything...

You could just go ahead and disassociate yourself that would put the ol kebash on that appointment. However, if you did that and he didn't get the appointment then he would blame YOU.

I don't want him to blame me for losing something that's really important to him... That would really suck...

I don't suppose you could tell an elder your hubbie is making you do things in bed you are very uncomfortable with???

ROTFLMAO - Oompa, your way to funny, lol...

( PS. I asked him today why he would like to become an MS. He said it's cause he feels like he's missing something. Like when your mom tells you when your little to go to sleep at 8 and you feel left out cause you think they are partying all night... Anyways, these people are like a family to him, he's been at the hall his entire life. I think he just doesn't want to feel left out with them...)

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Maybe once he makes ms, he'll realize that it's not all it's cracked up to be, and then fade.

• MeneMene
    MeneMene

Have you thought any more about moving to a different state?

Get him away from this congregation? Seems like it could work but may be too much for you right now.

• bonnzo
    bonnzo

they may recommend me at our co's visit next. when(if) they ask "is there any reason you can't serve as MS(a question they have to ask), i will reply: "i don't want to." james 3:1 is my scriptural reason i will refuse. i will also refer to 1tim 3:1, where it states that a man reaching out for the office of overseer is "desirous of a fine work." i don't desire it.( i think its 1timothy, but it could be 2 timothy, im too lazy to check)

• The Oracle
    The Oracle

....if your husband accepts oral sex he cannot accept the appointment.

Thems the rules.

The Oracle

• new boy
    new boy

Tell him, if he really loves you...he will skip a month of field service....no more MS problems...

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Tired of the Hypocrisy

My two cents say that it is between him and the boe. If you do anything pro or con with this you stand a good chance of getting blamed for whatever happens. You have let him know your thoughts. Leave it in his hands. Anyways, he will probably blab about your talks anyways and undo himself. Such a tight spot you are in......

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Let's hope the hounder-hounder is the one that fxxxs up his chances of becoming an assistant hounder. That way, it will be the evil hounder-hounder that will be blamed, and he might decide to walk out on the Tower altogether and realize that there are no benefits to being appointed.

Rationally, there are no real benefits. You get a bit of pride that is quickly squashed. For that, you have to take the lead in certain assignments. Assistant hounders are often picked to run various departments (like being stuck behind the sound system or the magazine counter every time). They are supposed to take the lead in directing the flock (and, if he really values pushing people around, then it might be better to take the hit now than be stifled for another 30 or 40 years).

Additionally, assistant hounders are supposed to be exemplary. That means there will be additional limitations on music and movies that he can enjoy without "stumbling" others. He will have to put in the obligatory 10 hours a month in field circus. He will have to attend all the boasting sessions, even if he doesn't feel like going, that he might not "stumble" others. He will be used as an example of dress and grooming, and for that reason, they will be that much more strict with him than normal. He will often have to show up for boasting sessions early and stay later (and it gets even worse when they become hounders). There will be extra meetings for him. All this, without any pay. And all this without any extra chance of salvation! He would do well to ask: After all this, is it still worth it?

Of course, knowing most members of the flock, he is going to go for it without rationally counting the cost/benefit. Most men are eager to be appointed for something, without thinking. And, it is going to hurt him if he does. Once the novelty wears off, all that's left is the burden. He must make his own decision. But, it will be him trudging out in field circus on Saturday morning when it is freezing cold, stifling hot and muggy, or raining while you are enjoying the morning sleep-in or watching TV. He will be the one going to all those boasting sessions while you are enjoying your favorite TV programs or going online. He will be the one that has to dress up all the time while you are comfortable in casual wear. He will be the one that has to deal with whatever health and physical hazards of going out in field circus while you are enjoying not being out there. He will be the one that gets cancer, diabetes, or heart disease from the Pioneer Diet, inadequate sleep, or stress while you go on into your 80s and 90s in good health.

The only drawback to this is the obvious. Men in the flock like to throw their weight around as the "head of the household". That means he will likely raid your bank account to fund the Worldwide Pedophile Defense Fund. He will likely (almost certainly) stop you from putting up your Christmas tree or flag and celebrating the holidays. He will drag any children with him to the Kingdumb Hell. He will discipline the children to Watchtower standards--including imposing Watchtower rules in school, dragging them out in field circus every Saturday morning, dragging them to the boasting sessions when school is next morning, and making sure they do not have any "objectionable" music. Which is why I hope the hounder-hounder nixes the appointment and it pxxxes him off to the point where he ups and walks out.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit