March 08 KM - Jesus is not Saviour?

by DoomVoyager 9 Replies latest watchtower bible

• DoomVoyager
    DoomVoyager

In the special box in the March 2008 KM, the last sentence says something about "Jehovah, our Saviour."

I guess this is a confirmation of that isolated 1979 article which shows that the "great crowd" do not have any particular relationship with Jesus

Does anyone have a scan of this KM?.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

*** g76 10/22 p. 27 How Many Saviors Do You Have? ***

Through his prophet Isaiah, the Almighty stated: "I—I am Jehovah, and besides me there is no savior."—Isa. 43:11.

But it may be asked: ‘Is not Jesus Christ the Savior? So, then, are not Jehovah and Jesus the same, making our Savior but one, God?’ .... Note that Othniel and Ehud were raised up by Jehovah God as saviors. They were merely the agents through whom the great Savior, God, brought about liberation from enemy oppression. ... But what about Jesus Christ? He, too, cannot be spoken of as being a Savior besides Jehovah, that is, as a rival of his Father. The Scriptures clearly establish that Jesus’ role as Savior was assigned to him by his Father.... Jesus’ being referred to as the Savior does not mean that he is the same as Jehovah God. Why, the very name "Jesus" points to God as the source of salvation. It means "Jehovah Is Salvation" and thus honors the Father as the Savior to whom even the Son looked....

The testimony of the Bible as a whole thus makes it clear that there is but one Savior, Jehovah God.

• VM44
    VM44

"The testimony of the Bible as a whole thus makes it clear that there is but one Savior, Jehovah God. "

So is that why the name Jehovah is emphasized so much in the New Testament?

• potentialJWconvertswife
    potentialJWconvertswife

That is one of the scriptures that the trinitarians use to show proof of the trinity. Jesus cannot be Saviour unless he is one and the same as God.

VM- The only emphasis on Jehovah in the new testament appears ONLY in the NWT. You see, Jehovah is a Hebrew name. The NT is written in Greek, therefore the name Jehovah does not EVER appear in the NT in any other translation. The WT added it for whatever reason they change/alter any scripture in the Bible.

• oldseeker2
    oldseeker2

DoomVoyager:

You may be refering the the Question Box. The last sentence states: By our dress and grooming, may we always "adorn the teaching of our Savior, God, in all things!" - Titus 2:10. The NWT is consistant with other translations I checked on this verse.

On another note, the special talk this year is entitled "Who is Qualified to Rule Mankind?" The talk is fully about Jesus Christ. I got the talk outline on this site, I just don't remember where. It is talk #170 and is in the new 30 minute format.

oldseeker2

• VM44
    VM44

"Who is Qualified to Rule Mankind?" talk outline.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/153818/2814239/post.ashx#2814239

• DoomVoyager
    DoomVoyager

Thanks for the replies, I was surprised to see that they didn't just pull this one out of their arse, but I guess I have to hand it to 'em.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Since when is God our savior? From what is it that we need salvation, if not God Himself? Who makes the "sins" that we need to be saved--God? Who is the one that condemns us, God? Who is it that condemned the whole human race on account of one couple--God?

• Gordy
    Gordy

This is good, and pleases God our Savior, 4who wants all men to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth. 1 Tim 2:4

but it has now been revealed through the appearing of our Savior, Christ Jesus, who has destroyed death and has brought life and immortality to light through the gospel 2 Tim 1:10

3and at his appointed season he brought his word to light through the preaching entrusted to me by the command of God our Savior, To Titus, my true son in our common faith:
    Grace and peace from God the Father and Christ Jesus our Savior.Titus 1:3,4

13while we wait for the blessed hope-the glorious appearing of our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ Titus 2:13

But when the kindness and love of God our Savior appeared, 5he saved us, not because of righteous things we had done, but because of his mercy. He saved us through the washing of rebirth and renewal by the Holy Spirit, …….
    He saved us through the washing of rebirth and renewal by the Holy Spirit, 6whom he poured out on us generously through Jesus Christ our Savior,Titus 3: 4, 6

Verses like these are usually used to prove that God and Christ are the same.

• MOG
    MOG

Whoever sent the SAVIOR is the SAVIOR as well..not necessarily the same person..Both are in accord..GOD SUPPLIES THE SAVIOR< JESUE IS THE SUPPLY OF THE SAVIOR

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit