Wine Disasters During the Memorial

by WTWizard 13 Replies latest jw experiences

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I wonder how often wine spills happen at the Memorial. Has anyone seen any of the following:

• The wine bottle dropped or spilled onto the floor?
    • Someone slopping wine onto someone's shirt, the chair, or the floor?
    • Someone spilling the glass of wine onto someone's shirt or the floor?
    • Someone dumping the table, spilling wine on the floor?
    • The table getting hit hard enough to slop wine onto the tablecloth?
    • A glass of wine getting dropped, preferably busted?
    • Someone's littera-trash getting ruined because of a wine spill?
    • A child hitting someone with the glass of wine, resulting in a spill?
    • Having someone intentionally dump the wine on someone, perhaps a teenager doing it to the parent that dragged them in?

The crackers are less messy--they can be cleaned up with a vacuum cleaner instead of getting in the carpet or someone's suit to leave a stain. They can, however be knocked off the plate by passing them, have the whole plate dumped, or perhaps having the whole plate dropped (and hopefully busted). It is a waste of crackers when it happens, but it is the wine that can ruin fabrics, suits, carpets, and chairs by making nice stains and odors that can linger in the Kingdumb Hell for weeks after.

And, perhaps has anyone ever seen anyone break out that weed with the wine?

• DoomVoyager
    DoomVoyager

Never seen any incidents. Here's hoping for this Saturday, though.

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

Have not experienced anything like that. The Google ad at the bottom says "Imagine having clean carpets all year round." LOL

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

One old lady bible study did patake and "crossed" herself each time...........she thought it was Catholic Mass...I asked the Elders do I count that as a partaker?....we all looked confused and decided NO!...but, who are we to judge?

• BurnTheShips
  • sir82
    sir82

How about a dribble cup for the wine? Hilarity would ensue!

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

Other than seeing a few df'ed people partake I never saw any disasters in the 45 years of attending the memorial.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

We had a kid take a cracker but his mother whispered loudly: "NO!" and he returned it......should have fed him at home I reckon.......he never touched the wine though.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Alas, I have never seen a wine spill on the carpet. Every time I went, I would always hope they dropped the whole bottle while carrying it to the platform, not being able to reach the glasses, and the whole bottle gets busted. Not to mention the big carpet cleaning bill (for which I wouldn't pay even a penny), and that it will smell like wine for months after.

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

what kind of wine do they use at Memorial? If I remember correct it was kind of a rose wine, the wine looked like it was pink or something.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit