Memorial Billboard!

by Robert7 10 Replies latest jw friends

• Robert7
    Robert7

This kind-of goes with the thread "Why not use mass-media". I got this email forwarded to me by a relative. I guess it could have been Photoshopped...

Wow, someone actually advertised the memorial on a billboard. I wonder if someone will get reproved by the WTS for being too innovative, or going beyond what the Society says.

Also, very classy "Howard Johnson Hotel"

• Rapunzel
    Rapunzel

The language on the billboard is Portuguese. The phone number does not appear to be a number in the United States, so perhaps it is a billboard in Portugal or Brazil. It's ironic because underneath the billboard, on the right, is the phone number of an "iglesia catolica, " a Catholic church.

• Rapunzel
    Rapunzel

Sorry - It's a "livaria catolica" - a catholic bookstore.

• Emma
    Emma

Now all they have to do is advertise a social hour with food after the "ceremony" and they might actually get someone to fall for it.

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

sorry all I got was Howard Johnson Hotel

• deaconbluez
    deaconbluez

This is how it should appear:

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I hope that billboard is a total waste, and that no one responds.

I wonder when we are going to start seeing widespread lawn decorations for the REJECT Jesus party. You know, the ones with the fake plates of plastic crackers and glasses that look half full of spoiled grape juice on big tables, with fancy looking tablecloths (which I hope get extremely dirty when they appear). The Watchtower approved picture of the Lord's Evening Meal. The New World Translation of the "Holy(??)" Scriptures hanging on doors and prominently displayed on tables with the emblems (which I hope get soaking wet).

I hope I never start seeing that on a national basis. For sure, I would never display such wasteful crap on my yard or apartment--if I find one of those pictures or Bibles on my door, it's coming down and ending up in the dumpster, busted. If I find another, they are going to have a miserable time taking down the Christmas wreath I am putting up to prevent them from putting another Crapmorial item up.

• triplehex
    triplehex

definitely Brazil. I can't see clearly if it's everything photoshopped. It might not be real, then again

• BFD
    BFD

I can't believe my eyes. The Memorial is going to be at HoJo's ? I'm in.

BFD

• Robert7
    Robert7

Our memorial is going to be at the Holiday Inn Express! So I'm not sure what's worse!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit