I've told hubby I don't believe it's the true religion...

by cognac 21 Replies latest jw friends

• cognac
    cognac

Well, I've told him "I don't believe this is the truth" like, 5 times now, just "I don't believe this is the true religion" tonight... Don't know if there is any difference...

I get the feeling he thinks this "will just go away" although the other day he said he understood why I was depressed because "I'm deserving of death" and he would be too. He didn't mean it, he's not happy on my new take on the JWs...

Anyways, I figure I'm gonna say everything I feel in front of the therapist, I need to tell him everything in front of a mediator... Not just in a situation where he just thinks this thing will go away and can hurt me to guilt me into believing in the JWs...

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

Good for you.

I'd love to hear how the therapist/mediator thing helps.

The best way someone I loved ever worded it to me when I was into it was, "It's not for me."

It was honest, courageous, non-judgemental and non-threatening.

((((( cognac )))))

S.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

Good luck. I had the same conversation many years ago. The conversation did not go well for me and my marriage. I hope you have a better result.

• cognac
    cognac

Well, the first time, it went really, really bad. We were getting a divorce, things were thrown, everything... It somehow got to my Dad and everything... It was awful.

I didn't post some things on this forum because some people were questioning me and I couldn't take being questioned after everything I had been through...

Anyways, things got better.

• BFD
    BFD

Ask him if he thinks 1914 is important. And, why.

BFD

• Satanus
    Satanus

I think guys handle bad news like this differently than women do (generally). I think guys tend to throw a fit at first, and then settle down and wiegh out the pros and cons. Also, horniness can set in :)

S

• jgnat
    jgnat

Gotta love ya, sweetheart. You have your own way of being real. Remember deep down your hubby loves you for it. His denying your reasons for walking away from the society, it sounds a little passive-aggressives. Passive-aggressives are attracted to dynamic types like you because you conveniently take on all the big, painful decisions for them. And the hits that go with it.

You might like to remind him of that.

• flipper
    flipper

COGNAC- Hopefully things will go a little better if you both go to a therapist together. I'm glad to see you doing that. It will be less threatening than going to " mind control" elders who would give you unprofessional advice they learned from a printing company ! Good luck to you ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• cognac
    cognac
    Ask him if he thinks 1914 is important. And, why.

I did. He said because of world war 1, bla, bla bla...

I asked, what if new light came out that it was 1920, for example? He asked, well, what if they say it's today??? He won't lost "his faith"... Anyways, he knows crap about 1914 pretty much just like me... I said he shouldn't be an MS if he didn't know. He said he wasn't trying to... I call BS...

I think guys handle bad news like this differently than women do (generally). I think guys tend to throw a fit at first, and then settle down and wiegh out the pros and cons. Also, horniness can set in :)

you have a point, lol...

Remember deep down your hubby loves you for it. His denying your reasons for walking away from the society, it sounds a little passive-aggressives. Passive-aggressives are attracted to dynamic types like you because you conveniently take on all the big, painful decisions for them. And the hits that go with it.

I hope so... I said to him tonight, "if you just read scriptures for 2 or 3 weeks without reading the publications, u will start having problems with the literature". He said he wouldn't cause he wouldn't not be "spiritually fed"... I said that would reading scriptures still spiritually feed u? He said that he didn't want my "apostate thinking around". I said that I was encouraging reading scriptures. He said, "I don't tell you what to read, don't tell me"... I said that he was just afraid of what he would find out. I asked, then, if I could read CofC. I asked if he would tell. He didn't said nothing. I said then don't act like you don't try and tell me what I can and can't think or read...

Hopefully things will go a little better if you both go to a therapist together. I'm glad to see you doing that. It will be less threatening than going to " mind control" elders who would give you unprofessional advice they learned from a printing company !

Yeah, I planning on restating exactly how I feel in front of the therapist... I hope it goes well... Thanks!

• dawg
    dawg

It pisses me off that a simple thought can't be shared... good luck my sis...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit