Do Facts Prove JW's have the Truth?

by Honesty 21 Replies latest jw friends

• carla
    carla

What facts?

• Awakened07
    Awakened07

Depends.

-They've created their own brand of theology, in which you have to believe and do certain things to be able to say you have the 'truth'. So it becomes a self-fulfilling thing, a snake biting its tail; circular logic. So, in their own, narrow universe, yes - they have the 'truth'; nothing else could possibly be truth in that universe. Jehovah, no Hell, no blood, no trinity, pacifism, God's org. No one else has the same 'truth'. So - they have the 'truth'.

You have to break out of the box to see that it in fact is not the truth.

Truth is not some all over shadowing, all encompassing 'thing' that permeates everything anyway. It's not as black and white as it is in the JW world. Most of us have many pieces of fact that are truths, but there is also room for uncertainty and lack of knowledge in certain areas, unlike in JW land, where anything is explained by a Bible verse or a Watchtower paragraph. We learn as long as we live.

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Exactly Carla-- No facts, just lies and false prophecy.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

The very fact that Jehovah's Witnesses teach so strongly that there are such things as "facts" is one of the things that undermined the whole concept for me in the long run.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

The facts that they proclaim the need for works (field circus) for salvation, despite blatant evidence that even the Bible doesn't require works? (See Ephesians 2:8 and 9). Facts that they tampered with the Bible to make it say what they wanted it to. Facts that they failed to predict the end in 1975 and then blamed the members for reading too much into it.

With facts like that, I think it proves the witlesses do not have the truth.

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

So are you fully out of it now Slimboyfat? You seemed kinda pro-JW a couple years ago.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

J-G, I still go to meetings sometimes but very occasionally. I get away with that partly because I am unwell at the moment, but really also I just don't believe it anymore. There have been developments at my local KH that would make me interested in going back if I was healthier, if only out of curiosity to see how things turn out.

However there are many things apostates say I don't agree with. I still don't go in for the "UN conspiracy"; I think most WT leaders do believe what they peddle; I don't think it is a money-making scheme; I wouldn't call it a "cult"; and I don't think they intentionally mislead or many of the other commonplaces among full blown apostates.

I myself am a full blow skeptic about most religious and/or other absolutist claims these days.

Slim

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

They were a UN NGO, that is a fact, not a conspiracy.

The jury is still out on the moneymaking scheme angle--as long as they have complete confidentiality as guaranteed by the constitution, we may never know the full scale of their financial dealings.

As for intentionally misleading, they lied to my face, so Im weighing more heavily now toward the intentionally misleading slant instead of the misled helpless victim viewpoint.

I'm not a full blown skeptic of most religions, but I am a full blown apostate of the JW religion.

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

IMO, I do not beleive they have the ..."Truth". Please, if you need to inquire there are plenty of discussion boards here that give direction on areas of research. So, do your "Research" and by all means I recommend reading, "Crisis of Conscience", by Raymond Franz.

Eyes Wide Open.

Quirky1

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

Yes and the world is going to end in 1975!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit