Question about the memorial

by Amyfa 11 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Amyfa
    Amyfa

As I am not a JW and never going to be one or study with one, can someone tell me what scripture they use to make everyone reject Jesus. It just feels to me like something satanic worshippers would do, not something Christians would do.

It just seems so wrong to me

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

Hi Amyfa:

I think you are making an assumption somewhere along the line...officially, JWs do not "reject" Jesus, although perhaps in a charismatic Christian way the word might apply. What do you mean by "rejecting Jesus"?

If you mean not taking "communion" (eating the bread, drinking the wine), there isn't a simple scriptural answer. The logic goes like this: only 144,000 (the Anointed) are commanded by Christ to "partake of the emblems" because they are the only ones going to Heaven; therefore, they are the only ones that need to "remember" him.

All others (the Great Flock) are intended to live forever on a paradise Earth, have no direct relationship to Christ, and therefore may "look but not touch" his body and blood.

Cheers -Void

• Amyfa
    Amyfa

So is that logic you speak of just a watchtower logic, or is there a scripture that says only the 144,000 should partake.

Also why would it of taken so long to get the 144,000 people? They should all be long dead by now.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

(Revelation 7:4) . . .And I heard the number of those who were sealed, a hundred and forty-four thousand, sealed out of every tribe of the sons of Israel:

(Revelation 14:1) 14 And I saw, and, look! the Lamb standing upon the Mount Zion, and with him a hundred and forty-four thousand having his name and the name of his Father written on their foreheads.

Re: the time taken to gather them together? Yes, you are right. But J W's have not worked that out yet.

• Amyfa
    Amyfa

What about

Revelation 19: 1 After this I heard what sounded like the roar of a great multitude in heaven shouting: "Hallelujah! Salvation and glory and power belong to our God,

Is this not telling us there are more than 144,000 in heaven. So then shouldn't all Christians partake?

The rejection just dont seem right to me.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I could give the answer that a J w would give - but since I no longer believe it , I do not want to be an apologist for the WT Society, Suffice to say that we agree that they believe in nonsense

• ferret
    ferret

How do JW's explain John 6:53 ? Unless you eat of my flesh and drink of my blood you have no life.

• wokeup
    wokeup

For years the society applied this passage to those that claim to be going to heaven. Then in the 1986 Watchtower 2/15 pg. 30-31 Conseqently 'added research' revealed that Jesus spoke those words a year before the last supper.

'Logically', none hearing those words had any idea about an 'annual' celebration or literal symbols introduced at the passover a year later.

Thus it would have a broader application and include the 'great crowd' in a symbolic way but in a different symbolic way in reference to the last supper.

Make sense?

• kool aid man06
    kool aid man06

The memorial celebration at a Jehovah's Witness kingdom hall is, in reality, a rejection of Christ. Upwards of 17million people attend this blasphemous meeting all around the world where they will be told that Jehovah's Witnesses are the only true Christian religion and the only ones who are doing it right according to the scriptures. If you are a true Christian you will realize the real importance of accepting the bread and wine and not reject it as it passes by. John 6:53. For more information on this subject go to the website listed below.

www.sixscreensofthewatchtower.com When on home page click screen 1 then click 'major doctrine'. Then click 144,000-memorial.

• lesterd
    lesterd

The possibility of two classes, anointed and a great multitude in heaven clearly show there are two classes and the distinctions is drawn by those who partake and those who don’t, and those who are in a covenant relationship with Christ partake, those who haven’t been called do not.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit