Whose religion is WORSE than JW's?

by gaiagirl 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Octarine Prince
    Octarine Prince

Any that don't seek the truth.

• gaiagirl
    gaiagirl

I'm not sure that the Islamic religion in general is worse, but fundamentalist Islam is probably at least as bad, if not worse. I've known liberal Muslims who don't support terrorism or Sharia law. It's easy to confuse problems which arise from a fundamentalist outlook with problems arising from the basic religion itself. I'd go so far as to say that MANY of the problems which we are familiar with in the JW religion are also found in other fundamentalist religions. That is to say, a fundamentalist Baptist, Pentecostal, Church of Christ, Mormon, etc congregation would be every bit as rigid, cultlike and controlling as a JW congregation. I don't know enough about Scientology to comment.

• Alpaca
    Alpaca

They're all bad.

It is all about control. All religions will exercise the maximum degree of control they can get away with.

They all push and test the limits of control. They will push the limits as far as their adherents will let them.

The Dubs are particularly bad because they so closely identify with the god of the Hebrew Scriptures, who demanded stoning for a dissenting opinion... but tolerated incest, who approved only the worship of his adherents... and endorsed killing innocent women and children, who tolerated adultery by a King... and the murder of the innocent mate... for some divine purpose...

Give me an F***ing break....the Bible condemns itself and the 2 major religions it has produced. The Dubs deny being fundamentalist Christians...but they are dyed in the wool fundamentalists.

They are all BAD, BAD, BAD!!!!!!

Cheers (and I really mean it) in spite of the vent,

Alex

• betweenworlds
    betweenworlds

For sure scientology. Check out some of the stories at xenutv.com After listening to some of them it made the witnesses look down right cheery. Really really bad news. Don't get me wrong, I know how horrible the watchtower is, but wow...scientology actually has them beat.

Betweenworlds

• Moxie
    Moxie

My vote is for Scientology, namely because there is no 'safe' way to exit.

Because of their practice of auditing, the church keeps detailed records on what are essentially the deepest confessions of each of its members.

If an individual leaves the church the Scientologists circulate slanderous and viciously concocted propaganda to their friends and family members in an effort to ruin their lives.

If anyone; a believer or not challenges the beliefs of Scientologists they are called SP's, they are instructed to keep asking the individual questioning them "What are your crimes" because they are taught that anyone who does not believe in Scientology MUST be hiding crimes.
    Look for videos on YouTube to see this in action.

Further they employ a practice called "Introspective Rundown" where they basically confine a person (against their will) if they have suffered what is deemed to be a mental breakdown. The internet is cluttered with stories of the tragic death of one of its members. Google Lisa McPherson and learn how Scientologists killed her by means of severe dehydration and neglect to provide medical assistance.

Yup Scientology has my vote.

"Moxie"

• lisaBObeesa
    lisaBObeesa

Scientology!

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

Scientology, for damn sure.

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

Scientology!
    This religion has actors and actresses to help draw people to it. Although latest publicity may not have helped, people don't think for themselves they follow the crowd. Although I feel all religions are the sh$t's. hope

• sacolton
    sacolton

Scientology

• loosie
    loosie

Scientology is pretty bad. but the worst would have to be fundamental Islam. Anyone who thinks that everyone who doesn't believe in Allah must be killed at t heir own hands to please Allah is warpped.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit