...and I thought this year would be different

by Nosferatu 8 Replies latest jw friends

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

Me and my mother aren't on very good terms right now. Since she's the one who invited me to the memorial most years, I thought that I wouldn't get an invite.

On Saturday afternoon while I was getting ready to go out, there was a knock at my back door. Usually it's my cousin who knocks on the back door, but not this time. It was two dubs - one I knew. I really don't mind this particular dub since she's not very "strong in the truth". My hair was dripping wet so I didn't want to chat for long. She handed me a fuzzy Jesus memorial invite and offered me magazines too which I rejected.

Why is it so hard to tell off dubs you didn't mind? And why haven't they got the message after 12 years of not attending the Memorial?

I looked at the fuzzy Jesus, looked at the location and laughed. There's a bad typo on the congregation's name. This is the second Memorial invite that has been fed to my shredder.

• Krystal
    Krystal

I got one too... been df'ed for 7 years now... have gotten one every year... never been! I still get the watchtower and awake every month in the mail from my parents... I don't know why they don't give up already... never opened one issue!

Guess they wanna keep the numbers up!

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

It's hard to lose the 'hope' which soul destroys with successive disappointments!

I don't relate at all to my mother!

Not a JW thing - just I realise we never had a bond and the years led their own road. We cant even talk for 5 minutes without a feeling of non existence filling the room!

I felt this as about a 5/6 yr old but kept trying to do the right thing and hope it came good!

Now I cut loose! I'm destroyed enough from it and other 'bad' bonds that just aint wholesome!!

I reason life to be finding souls you link to for reasons unknown!

And just run with those if they exist!

Sad but its my reality!

I hope you find ways of lessening the hurt of such faded hopes!

• babygirl75
    babygirl75

I haven't gotten a single invite since being df'd in 2001. My parents call each year to let me know what night it is, but they have no idea where or what time because they do not live in my area. I've never got an invite from the JW's. Are they not covering their territory??? Surely not!!! Especially during a campaign!!! Luckily for us, the JW's hardly ever come out to our subdivision. I see them maybe once every two-three years.

• real one
    real one

it would be a good opportunity for you to speak some truth to them everytime they came

• Carmel
    Carmel

Three years ago I was working in the yard of a rental my wife and I own when two adult male dubs and a young (maybe 10) boy came peddling invites to the memorial. I couldn't help but get off on them about harboring peodiphiles and asking if the young man is "safe" going around with them... I think I wrote a thread here about it at the time. Well now I live in one of the apartments of the same dublex and wonder if I will see the dubbies coming around. They never did at our previous home. I notice they don't want to come inside just hand out the printed invite and move on.. carmel, wondering how to corner the next ones........

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Why is it so hard to tell off dubs you didn't mind? And why haven't they got the message after 12 years of not attending the Memorial

I think they give those invites to everybody. I got one and haven't been to the kingdumb hall since 83.

• moshe
    moshe

I have never gotten an invite to the Memorial in 20 years since I made my exit- just lucky I guess that the JW's are so lazy in my metro area that they have only called on me 2x in 14 years.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I have yet to get one of those wastes of paper, but I know that could change when the mail comes or they ring my doorbell. Fortunately, they are being quite lazy and will probably not make the deadline. Let's look for the next time the hounder-hounder-hounder bangs on the podium and tells us that we are not following theocraptic order (and I hope this time he busts the podium).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit